2010 Wrangler Audio Upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-24-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

2010 Wrangler Audio Upgrade

Hi. I am looking to upgrade my audio. I have read a lot of the forums, so I am just trying to compile everything.

What I have: Alpine system with subwoofer and 130 res/rsc Head Unit. Head Unit has u Connect capability, but it is not connected.

What I want to do:
I want to keep the factory Head unit. I would like to have Bluetooth though instead of using auxiliary cord for my phone so I can listen to music. Is that possible with U connect adaptor? Would I be able to add steering wheel controls after the fact? I eventually would love to have a radio with apple play and Pandora (don't care about hands free)...but that isn't in the budget at the moment.

I was going to replace the speakers in the sound bar and up front with Kickers (77kick10) and fill all with polyfill. Does the alpine sub in the back need replaced?

I was going to install Alpine 445U amp to power the new speakers. Would this also power the sub? Do I need special connectors to connect this amp to the factory HU? Would I be able to just swap out the current alpine amp that came with the jeep? Any help here would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Granite Guru

If you leave the head unit the steering controls will remain unaffected.

So, to summarize, you're just getting new speakers, amp(s), and polyfilling the enclosures?
Easy enough.

I thought the sub had it's own amp already.

Dustin Tarditi
Haddonfield, NJ
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
post #3 of 5 Old 01-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Granite Guru

Not quite what you're asking but if you upgrade the head unit I think you're going to get a noticeable boost in sound quality and volume. Went from 730n w/alpine to a kenwood ddx6902s and the idatalink maestro to keep the steering wheel controls. Shocked how much better it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-27-2017, 11:29 AM

I had a 730n in my 09 and the touch screen died. Was not too concerned about Nav (use the iphone) so I ended up getting a pioneer AVH-X2700BS. You will need a can-bus adapter for the wiring. I also did the tweeter mod and the speaker mod and as stated in the prior post, I was very surprised at how much better sounding the system is. You can get those on eBay for less than $150. With the top down it does not distort and it can go louder than I can stand. Very satisfied and I recommend it.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8417 View Post
Not quite what you're asking but if you upgrade the head unit I think you're going to get a noticeable boost in sound quality and volume. Went from 730n w/alpine to a kenwood ddx6902s and the idatalink maestro to keep the steering wheel controls. Shocked how much better it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And with a 2010 you will not need a Maestro because we don't have steering wheel controls on our PT Cruiser steering wheels.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode