Rear wiring harness for hardtop - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rear wiring harness for hardtop

I bought my JK with a factory soft top and bought a hard top this weekend that has the rear defroster and wiper option. Does my JK (X) have the wiring harness already or is that something I would need to buy? I pulled back the carpeting briefly yesterday while putting the hardtop on and did not see the harness so Idk if I was looking in the wrong place or if I need to buy the harness since mine didn't come with a hardtop.

Help Please

Thx

2009 4 door X 6speed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Rock God

Garage

If you did not get the hardtop from the factory when you ordered it, then you need the MOPAR® Factory Hardtop Wiring Kit

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_51.htm

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok cool! Thanks

2009 4 door X 6speed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMandyOK View Post
Ok cool! Thanks
No problem, it's easy to install

It does not show in the pic but also includes the a/c button for rear defrost and steering wheel control arm for rear wiper and washer fluid

Which is shown here

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.

Last edited by bodybrdng; 07-26-2010 at 09:32 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybrdng View Post
No problem, it's easy to install

It does not show in the pic but also includes the a/c button for rear defrost and steering wheel control arm for rear wiper and washer fluid

Which is shown here

Ok, I'm dragging this one back up ...

... just attempted this install over the weekend and was less than impressed with Mopar's installation document. Can anyone more clearly expain where the wires need to tap in at the power distribution panel? 3 wires tapping into 2 connectors but the pictogram isn't too clear on what goes where (i.e. blue/white wire shown on both connectors). Also any tips on getting the violet wire out of the connector behind the gages to install the new one from the hardtop harness?

Bill aka

ɯǝlqoɹd ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ'uoʇsnoɥ
'09 JK - 4.5", 37's, snorkel, chopped flares, XRC Front Bumper (FOR SALE - $11,750)
'98 TJ - 3", 32's
'89 M101A2 trailer - cargo/expedition wagon
'89 Winnebago Chieftain - camper/tow rig

Trail Guide: 2015-2017 Topless for Tatas, 2015-2017 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
post #6 of 6 Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Granite Guru

Question

I am hopefully getting a hardtop soon and will need to install wiring harness, switches, etc. Now I know it was said it was easy and have done plenty of my own wrenching, but am a little intimidated by this task. Anything I should know prior to starting job? Any special tools needed? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode