Superchips Flashpaq Update - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-22-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thumbs up Superchips Flashpaq Update

I've been running a Flashpaq for quite a while and had not bothered to update it since I first installed it. Last week I decided to update and all I can say is WOW! It made a helluva difference!

I run the 87 octane tune (yes I'm cheap) with 87 octane gas. Before it would ping under load, now I only had very minor pinging when it's over 100 degrees out. There's also a setting for improved throttle response. Overall it's a lot better and the old tune was a big step up over stock.

So if you haven't updated lately take the time!

2009 2 door Rubicon 6 Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Granite Guru

last time I updated was about a month ago...maybe I'll do it again tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 RUBICON UNLIMITED
Teraflex BB : VSS Shocks : PSC Evap Skid : FlashPak
post #3 of 8 Old 07-22-2010, 05:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

yep ,did mine about a week ago and there was a update,

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clump View Post
There's also a setting for improved throttle response.
Can you clarify? Is this similar to what the Sprint Booster does? I have been told the Booster and Flashpak work well together, but if the Superchip's tuner now has a setting to do what the booster does, I can see no reason to buy both!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
post #5 of 8 Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcul8r View Post
Can you clarify? Is this similar to what the Sprint Booster does? I have been told the Booster and Flashpak work well together, but if the Superchip's tuner now has a setting to do what the booster does, I can see no reason to buy both!
I decided to try running Premium gas and the 93 tune, and now my JK is a lot more fun to drive. The 87 tune does help the dead gas pedal quite a bit, but jumping to the 93 tune was a big improvement.

I don't know if the Sprint Booster improves on this, and I'm not willing to shell out $330 bucks to find out. I got no problem with someone making a profit, but $330 for what appears to be no more than $25 - $35 worth of parts is INSANE.

If Billy Mays was still alive he'd be pitching these for $49.95 (+ $12.95 S&H) and virtually every JK owner on the planet would buy one.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #6 of 8 Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

I recently took my JK in for a soft top problem and the dealer flashed the computer

Good thing I set the tuning back to stock before I took it in.

Now when I tried to install a new tune the flashpaq did not recognize the current jeep tune and said to update the tuner

I updated the tuner and the computer said that they dont have a tune for my jeep.

Its been almost 1 week and I'm still waiting for superchips to make a tune for my jeep
post #7 of 8 Old 08-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_yellow_unlimited View Post
I recently took my JK in for a soft top problem and the dealer flashed the computer

Good thing I set the tuning back to stock before I took it in.

Now when I tried to install a new tune the flashpaq did not recognize the current jeep tune and said to update the tuner

I updated the tuner and the computer said that they dont have a tune for my jeep.

Its been almost 1 week and I'm still waiting for superchips to make a tune for my jeep
I just had my 2010 JK flashed a few weeks ago for the transmission overheat warning recall. Of course I removed the programming before going to the dealer. I had no problem reprogramming afterward. And I almost always update the Flashpaq before reprogramming the JK.

I assume you posted the issue on the Superchips forum. Did you get a reply? If not, bump it. They are usually pretty quick to respond.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #8 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 PM

When I plugged the tuner into the computer it updated and said that my tune was sent to their engineering department and I will get a email when they have a tune for my jeep

Still no tune as of today

Can't wait for the tune because the jeep feels sluggish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode