Superchips Programmer vs. Sprint Booster - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Superchips Programmer vs. Sprint Booster

This may seem an intuitively easy question, but these do not both piggyback the same OEM modules, right? One works on the EFI, the other just boosts the throttle sensitivity, right?

Not that I have the money to do both, but would they be compatible (that is both still do their job and make the other perform better)?

And if I have money for one, I lean toward the Superchips. Any good arguments to the contrary?

Thanks -Scotty

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM
JKO Addict!

No arguments to the contrary. Get the Superchips first, then, if you have the extra coin, and performance is that important to you (as it is to me and some others) over other mods, then get the Sprint Booster.

Yes, they are compatible.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 5 Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

My two cents.... which is contrary to most every other thing I have read (regarding the Flashpaq).

The Flashpaq is marginal. Just like every other chip I have used in a gas application.... marginal. Some firmer shifting, some better shift points. Supposed extra HP and TQ.

The Sprint Booster on the other hand, while not giving you newer, better numbers, makes the Jeep's throttle response much better. If you've ever driven a BMW, think "sport mode." Not as in the added performance of the beemer's optional drive mode, but the feeling of that. Hope that makes sense.

BUT.... in combination with the Sprint Booster, the Flashpaq comes alive. The Sprint Booster addresses what the Flashpaq lacks. Not giving it better numbers, no gas chip will really give you great numbers, unless it's on a diesel.

I would recommend the Sprint Booster first and then the Flashpaq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks guys, some good food for thought. I hoped they'd be compatible, but believed only one would suffice. It would appear that I need to save for both! Since I have had a Dodge 4x4 diesel with a Bully Dog programmer, I get the feeling that I might be a wee bit disappointed with the lackluster numbers that come out of this little gas engine "that should" by comparison. It was shocking to say the least, stepping down from 350+ HP and 800 flbs torque to this neutered little thing. But I have ALWAYS wanted a Jeep, got a GREAT trade-in, and still have 4x4. Other than the engine leaving me feeling passed on the highway, I really have no regrets. Desires? Yes!!! There's a bunch of mods to come. I just did slip on a set of Spidetrax spacers. Some tube fenders will be needed and I like the not yet made but coming MetalCloak stuff (River Raiders also nice). Better skid plates, better bumpers... ah, you guys know the drill! More dreams than money!

Thanks again -Scotty

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
post #5 of 5 Old 07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Rock God

Sprint booster made a huge difference on mine. I was going to go with a programmer, but didn't want to screw up my computer(not confirmed but also don't want to risk it). The sprint booster took care of what I was missing, the snap that a hemi should have. I noticed the lag worse with the hemi than I did with the 3.8 but I'm sure it'd make a huge difference.

That said, I'd probably do a programmer first if I were you so you can adjust for gear & tire changes(assuming you will be doing these).

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode