Mopar led headlights flickering in follow me mode - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traviso

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-30-2016, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mopar led headlights flickering in follow me mode

Hi,

I have a set of the Mopar led headlights in my 2008 JKUR. Those headlights are running fine in normal driving conditions. But when I turn off the key and the 'follow me' function is active (for 30 seconds), then they start flickering. I also can hear some kind of buzzing noise then, which is not there, when the led lights work normal.
I did not install any anti flicker harness as I was told from the dealer, that those Mopar led headlights donīt need it.
Does anybody have an idea, what could be the reason for this behavior and how to get rid of it ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-13-2016, 07:43 AM

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Did you figure it out by any chance?
post #3 of 7 Old 10-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Granite Guru

I'm not familiar with this problem, but my first suggestion would be to check your battery voltage after turning the key off and with the headlights on.

It sounds to me like the headlights are getting plenty of voltage with the key on and/or engine running, then the voltage is dropping out once the key is turned off. It may be time for a new battery, or maybe just a good cleaning of battery terminals and cable lugs is in order.

Chase

2013 Billet Silver JKU Sport S, 6-Speed, TF Leveling Kit, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, 285/70R17 Firestone Destination M/Ts on OEM Sport wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I don't know much about this particular set of headlamps from Mopar (via JWSpeaker) so pardon me if I ask a pooible stupid question ;

How come on every source I check for info pertaining to these , it states they are for 2011-2017 (first version) or 2014_2017 (second version)Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited ?

Just curious ,not insinuating that because yours is an '08 that that is the issue . I just could not locate the same lights for a 2007-2010 JK or JKU ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-15-2016, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfcolonna View Post
Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Did you figure it out by any chance?
No, not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
I'm not familiar with this problem, but my first suggestion would be to check your battery voltage after turning the key off and with the headlights on.

It sounds to me like the headlights are getting plenty of voltage with the key on and/or engine running, then the voltage is dropping out once the key is turned off. It may be time for a new battery, or maybe just a good cleaning of battery terminals and cable lugs is in order.
Battery is about 6 month old. So I was assuming, that the battery voltage is not the problem. But maybe I should check this . When the headlights flicker, there is also some noise. When they are not flickering, it is silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
I don't know much about this particular set of headlamps from Mopar (via JWSpeaker) so pardon me if I ask a pooible stupid question ;

How come on every source I check for info pertaining to these , it states they are for 2011-2017 (first version) or 2014_2017 (second version)Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited ?

Just curious ,not insinuating that because yours is an '08 that that is the issue . I just could not locate the same lights for a 2007-2010 JK or JKU ..
Infact I put the 2011 - 2017 in my 08. I did not see any reason, why this should not work.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

al lis good. Again, just trying to find out why those are listed as only for the '11s or 13s and up.
Did you have your JK ECU flashed at dealership after installing and it was alright ?

Take a read of this if you haven't already and maybe that can get you some info that may help.
Sounds like a ground issue from the described behavior you're experiencing.

( I will also point out I am not an expert on this, just curious. I run Delta H4 conversion halogen lights in my JKUr with Hella stupid bright bulbs on a RallyLights harness. Thought I should make that clear)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-15-2016, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
al lis good. Again, just trying to find out why those are listed as only for the '11s or 13s and up.
Did you have your JK ECU flashed at dealership after installing and it was alright ?

Take a read of this if you haven't already and maybe that can get you some info that may help.
Sounds like a ground issue from the described behavior you're experiencing.

( I will also point out I am not an expert on this, just curious. I run Delta H4 conversion halogen lights in my JKUr with Hella stupid bright bulbs on a RallyLights harness. Thought I should make that clear)

Thanks for the link. It is quite interesting. I did not have my ECU flashed. Infact, I donīt like it to be flashed, as I have a hemi engine. I also do not have the problem, that the lights are brighter, when engine is off. This is all fine for me.

I will get the ground connection checked.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode