Turn off change oil message - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Turn off change oil message

I searched and couldn't find an answer so if you have a link to where i can find it... or could just tell me real quick that'd be great!

The last time the oil was changed in my jeep the "change oil" message wasn't turned off so now it dings every time i get in it... whats the secret to turning it off in a jeep??

Thanks
Mandy

2009 4 door X 6speed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 08:49 AM
JKO Addict!

turn the key on, floor the gas pedal three times within 10 seconds.

..its in the owners manual btw.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was just thinking about it while I was sitting here at work and decided to ask since it would be quicker than looking it up when I got home, since I would probably forget anyway

thanks

2009 4 door X 6speed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've got a pdf copy of the '08 owners manual I picked up somewhere (I think you can download one from the Jeep website) and I'm always using it to look up stuff like this. It's also searchable so it's a little easier than digging through 500+ pages of hard copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMandyOK View Post
I was just thinking about it while I was sitting here at work and decided to ask since it would be quicker than looking it up when I got home, since I would probably forget anyway

thanks
flame flamity flame flame

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Flame away I got my answer

2009 4 door X 6speed

post #6 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMandyOK View Post

I got my answer
Fixed for ya Mandy....

/

post #7 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah Yeah I'll flame myself

2009 4 door X 6speed

post #8 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode