Help finding alarm with proximity sensor and pager - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kso
  • 1 Post By sixty5vdub

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-28-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Help finding alarm with proximity sensor and pager

I've been so out of touch of the high end car alarm world so I need everyone's help and advice. I don't want to go to the local car audio store and have them sell me something I later regret. I'm searching for a car alarm that has a proximity sensor for convertibles that also has a remote warning system like a pager or smart phone setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated on what's available out there. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Kso
Wheeler

There are many offerings from directed electronics which is a parent company to many quality alarm systems that will fit your needs. Proximity switches are generally an add on sensor and not built into the alarm system itself. It sounds like you are looking for a 2 way pager which is usually found in the higher end models and comes with an lcd screen, 1 mile advertised range. If you are looking for a smart phone feature you have a few options here. Either an add on to a viper system like the viper smart start(about 100 extra and a subscription fee) or a stand alone smart start unit that is designed for use with your phone from the get go. From the sounds of it a viper responder 350 would meet your needs. It doesn't have remote start and you will need to purchase the proximity sensor. Hope this helps. I know it was kind of a shotgun blast of info
ReconJeep likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2016, 07:45 AM
JKO Addict!

I have had the Viper Responder 350 on the Heep for several years now. Very happy with it. I added the proximity sensor and a mercury switch for the hood when I had it installed. Great piece of mind when the doors are left off. And the paging feature is nice to have when you don't have direct line-of-sight to your vehicle.

Would recommend.
ReconJeep likes this.

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode