Telling the Jeep I just got bigger tires... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Telling the Jeep I just got bigger tires...

How do I tell the Jeep I'm now running 35's instead of the factory wheels so the speedometer is accurate?

Also ... how do I disable the "low tire pressure" warning light/beep thing since I also put on new rims?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There are a ton of ways, searching will be most fruitfull. I used the ProCal programmer.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #3 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Well did you not put get your tire sensors swapped from the factory rims to the aftermarket rims? If not, you need a tuner.

To adjust the speedo you can pay the dealership to do it, or get a tuner...

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Candle-light dinner, maybe some soft music......rub her on her hood, and just whisper to her "Hey baby, get ready for some bigger meat."

Just be gentle about it.

AEV- ProCal. About $130

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

Superchips would be another option, recal speedo, shut off tpms, and get a little more power

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
post #6 of 17 Old 07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

X4 on the AEV Procal - it can take crae of both of your issues. And when / if you regear it can fix that for you to:
http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 07-11-2010 at 11:19 PM.
post #7 of 17 Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
X4 on the AEV Procal - it can take crae of both of your issues. And when / if you regear it can fix that for you to:
http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/
Went with Superchips that allows for tire and gearing mods. Very accurate. This weekend I will try the 'crawler' tune on my way down Cadillac Hill.
post #8 of 17 Old 07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoks View Post
Went with Superchips that allows for tire and gearing mods. Very accurate. This weekend I will try the 'crawler' tune on my way down Cadillac Hill.
I wonder what the regearing feature actually does since the speedo takes its reading from the tone rings i.e. only tire size is needed for the correct calculation.
post #9 of 17 Old 07-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Candle-light dinner, maybe some soft music......rub her on her hood, and just whisper to her "Hey baby, get ready for some bigger meat."

Just be gentle about it.

AEV- ProCal. About $130
Fuck it, she is a Jeep. She is tough. Just ram the meat in the wheel well and tell her to suck it up! Pain is good. She a big girl. She can handle it!
post #10 of 17 Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I wonder what the regearing feature actually does since the speedo takes its reading from the tone rings i.e. only tire size is needed for the correct calculation.
Letting the JK know about gear differences is important to the auto guys. It gets the shift points back wo where they are suposta be.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Letting the JK know about gear differences is important to the auto guys. It gets the shift points back wo where they are suposta be.
Interesting. The DiabloSport Predator doesnt have the ability to change gear ratio, only tire size. They said this is because everything is keyed off the tone rings at the wheel so that makes me wonder....
post #12 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting. The DiabloSport Predator doesnt have the ability to change gear ratio, only tire size. They said this is because everything is keyed off the tone rings at the wheel so that makes me wonder....
Also with the DiabloSport Trinity.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #13 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Also with the DiabloSport Trinity.
Maverick,

You have become pretty close with DiabloSport by now Maybe you could get them to chime in on Tex's comment about shift points.
post #14 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Maverick,

You have become pretty close with DiabloSport by now Maybe you could get them to chime in on Tex's comment about shift points.
I don't know that 'close' would be an appropriate reference. I need to did in the Trinity manual. Just going through the screens it seems I'm able to alter shift "up" points, but I'm not sure about "down" shifting. Mike would have to clarify.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #15 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Exactly, it's not that the tool cannot adjust, it's that it does not have to. The speedometer reading is taken (like you said) at the tone ring on the wheel after the differential in the axle, not before (on the tailshaft of the transmission as it was on the earlier Wranglers) so you only have to adjust the speedometer when changing the tires to a non-stock diameter.

As far as the shift points and low tire pressure threshold are concerned, I'll modify what I posted in another thread as it pertains to this one:

The Trinity is akin to having 40-50 Predator part numbers in one device. When you enter the vehicle's information it essentially configures the Trinity's tuning functions into the appropriate Predator part number. In this case, a U7137 that can be viewed here:
U7137 Products Page
After you enter your vehicle's information under CHANGE VEHICLE TYPE, it will then reset itself, formatted to tune a vehicle as if it were a U7137. Both the low tire pressure threshold and shift points can be modified on a JK with a Trinity or Predator.

800-531-5484

post #16 of 17 Old 07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Wheeler

I did a regar to 4.88 and I have the Superchips, also did 35 inch tires that measured 34.25 from the ground to the top of my tire I reprogrammed my tire size and gear ratio and my speedo is dead on, I tracked it with my gps this morning.
post #17 of 17 Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
I did a regar to 4.88 and I have the Superchips, also did 35 inch tires that measured 34.25 from the ground to the top of my tire I reprogrammed my tire size and gear ratio and my speedo is dead on, I tracked it with my gps this morning.
Yep, measured height is the best way to do it. Tires are like shoes: a size 12 Nike often isn't going to fit the same as a size 12 Converse.

800-531-5484

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode