Doors Off - Key Off - Radio Off FIXED (RAP) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Doors Off - Key Off - Radio Off FIXED (RAP)

For those that go without doors or don't like the "Reserve Accesory Power", it can be removed. I found it while at the dealer with their Star Scan hooked up. I called 4 dealerships and searched every forum and search engine for the fix. Apparantly it's not known anywhere!!

It takes all of 5 minutes. If you have anything done to your JK it can be done at the same time. Odds are the techs won't know of it or where to find it so here is the poop:

When the scan is complete, there are a bunch of tabs on their screen.

Top right tab: Accessory Options (or something like that).

1st option in that tab: Accessory Power Delay (or something like that). Mine was defaulted to 45 (seconds). Type in the new value. I had it changed to 0.

A few down is: Headlight Delay (or something like that). I had that changed to 0 too versus the 30 seconds that was there.

That's it. Now I turn off the key and everything goes off. Doors off and all.

Good luck!

Black 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited: 6.1 BOR Hemi, AEV: bumpers, Pinters, 4.5" lift. 5:13's, New Kevlar 37" MT/R, Chromo Rear Shafts, Front: RCV Shafts, gussetted, sleeved etc etc etc (should have just bought a prorock!), all RED badged

2007 Adventure Trailer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TheMike; 07-09-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Nice info... It sounds to me to be all or nothing though. Whenever I have the doors on, I park, shut off, and then piddle around gathering whatever I might need for the task at hand. Now, if there was only a doors off set of parameters to adjust, I'd be all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Aren't we spoiled

Yes, a door on/off option would be nice. I'll give you that.

Black 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited: 6.1 BOR Hemi, AEV: bumpers, Pinters, 4.5" lift. 5:13's, New Kevlar 37" MT/R, Chromo Rear Shafts, Front: RCV Shafts, gussetted, sleeved etc etc etc (should have just bought a prorock!), all RED badged

2007 Adventure Trailer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Banned

I kinda like rolling up, hopping out and walking away to my theme music when I have the doors off

post #5 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Rock God

Garage

Subscribed for future reference.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great info....

However your title made me instantly think of this guy for some reason....

Yep, you know the viral song just popped in your head..."lookin like fool wit your pants on the ground"

/

post #7 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Granite Guru

Or you could just turn the radio off.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Took the Jeep into the dealer today for the tranny-overheat dummy light recall.......and asked for this change to be done, and they did with no problems! Now I don't have to turn the radio off when the doors are off

|
|
post #9 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
I kinda like rolling up, hopping out and walking away to my theme music when I have the doors off
I personally like the looks from people who assume i just left the Jeep on as I walk away in a parking lot.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenszel View Post
I personally like the looks from people who assume i just left the Jeep on as I walk away in a parking lot.
yep. love the looks i get from people. i usually at least turn the radio down just so it doesnt draw attention to the jeep, but every now and then ill leave it up and just laugh as ppl give me that wtf look.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode