Cole-Hersee Smart Isolator / dual battery question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Cole-Hersee Smart Isolator / dual battery question

Just a quick question for those of you using the Cole-Hersee smart isolator for your dual batteries.

LED on = both batteries combined. LED off - batteries isolated. Simple, right? I've got two Die Hard Platinum AGMs in my setup. After driving the Jeep, LED on. A day or two of sitting idle = LED off (in other words the aux battery has dropped below 12.7v. Nothing is connected to the aux battery at the moment except my Superwinch EPi 9.0. There should be no reason that the voltage is dropping.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Granite Guru

If the main battery drops to <12.7V the solenoid will open and LED turn off too.

So it could be a draw on the main battery.

Do you have a voltmeter that you can use to confirm voltages when the LED is on or off?

Badass Bumpers, Dual Battery Systems, Rockcrawler Oil Pans and More!
www.benchmarkdesigns.com
post #3 of 5 Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Defector View Post
Just a quick question for those of you using the Cole-Hersee smart isolator for your dual batteries.

LED on = both batteries combined. LED off - batteries isolated. Simple, right? I've got two Die Hard Platinum AGMs in my setup. After driving the Jeep, LED on. A day or two of sitting idle = LED off (in other words the aux battery has dropped below 12.7v. Nothing is connected to the aux battery at the moment except my Superwinch EPi 9.0. There should be no reason that the voltage is dropping.

Check your ground on the isolator. It will not function without a solid ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-13-2010, 10:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Defector View Post

You got a pick of your wiring setup?

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 08:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer View Post
Check your ground on the isolator. It will not function without a solid ground.
just installed mine, was wondering the same thing. The ground i used is similar to the one that is used next to the fuse box on the fender support.

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode