Right LED headlight just started flickering - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-10-2016, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Right LED headlight just started flickering

Hi everyone...

New to here, and got a question I couldn't find any answers to (I did my due diligence and searched before having to make this thread).

I bought a 2011 JK Unlimited and the previous owner had put in LED headlights. They looked great and clear. Have had the JK for over 6 months.

I just took it to get the 33" mudders to be balanced and rotated. Apparently, they disconnected the battery to do so... which it subsequently screwed up my Pioneer infotainment system... it's acting all glitchy (a different story).

However, that night, as I'm heading off I notice the right LED headlight begins strobing... I'm thinking I'm going to cause people seizures! It's only the right side and only when I have to JK running. When it is turned off, but headlights stay on after I lock the headlight doesn't strobe. It only does this when I actually turn on the headlights.

I am not sure if the previous owner put on the anti-flicker harness. I am assuming he did or else wouldn't both left and right flicker together?

Any ideas why this all of a sudden started on just the right side?

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Why would they disconnect the battery to rotate and balance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #3 of 4 Old 06-10-2016, 09:10 PM
JKO Addict!

First, what he said... ^^^^^^

Second, make sure your battery cables are installed correctly and tightened down securely.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-11-2016, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for replies. The sales guy couldn't really give me a reason... just that it's standard protocol...

I looked at battery, everything seems to be fine. When I walked out to pick up JK in their parking lot it didn't immediately turn over. I had to try 4 times and then it finally started. I went in a second time for them to replace a part of rear diff and realized they must had disconnected battery again because my infotainment anti-theft kicked when I started up.

Everything else seems to be ok...

Any recommendations where I should start to look first for problems? I'd think first for anti-flicker harness, but if it wasn't there wouldn't my left headlight be flickering too?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode