CB Speaker mount locations... Where to? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

CB Speaker mount locations... Where to?

So I've finally gotten around to installing my Cobra 75 I got for x-mas a few weeks ago and just picked up an external speaker to go along with it.

My question is where is a good place to mount the speaker where you'll be able to hear it but isn't getting in the way or looks too out of place?

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Granite Guru

Mounted it on the soundbar on the driver's side right behind my left ear with the self-tapping screws....still have a hard time hearing it with top/doors off at 100kph
post #3 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Saw someone mount it on the rollbar/drivers side under the cover-cut out some of the foam and it fit like a glove and was invisible. Not sure how the sound was but he said it was good-Give search a shot you should be able to find the post-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
Saw someone mount it on the rollbar/drivers side under the cover-cut out some of the foam and it fit like a glove and was invisible. Not sure how the sound was but he said it was good-Give search a shot you should be able to find the post-
I did that, but not sure if I posted it here. Works like a charm and out of eye sight. Being beneath the fabric of the roll bar cover kills the harshness that CB's have.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #5 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L View Post
I did that, but not sure if I posted it here. Works like a charm and out of eye sight. Being beneath the fabric of the roll bar cover kills the harshness that CB's have.
When I get around to installing one I will do it this way-Like the out of sight and it looked super easy to do-

Maybe I saw it posted on the dark side-I don't remember much these days....

Haven't been over there in awhile!
post #6 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Did the same thing, love it.
post #7 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I'll have to look to see if I can get away with that. I've got the cobra 500 CB speaker and that puppy has some girth to it.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Wheeler

I put my external speaker under glove box behind the dash. You cant see it at all. No problem hearing it while wheeling either.
post #9 of 18 Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Do a search for Cobra 75 mounting on here, and there is a very good write-up for mounting the external speaker, with pictures.

I followed the same install from the same write-up, and mine works perfectly. I'll tell you that the mounting point is on the aluminum kick-plate to the left of the pedals underneath the driver's side dashboard.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #10 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Wheeler

Right Channel Radio supplied a small wedge shaped speaker with the Cobra 75 package I bought .

Installed the radio connection inside the glove box. I can have the 75 out and close the glove box or just put it back in to lock up.

I installed the speaker with velcro over the rear view mirror. The wife had no idea where it was 'till I showed her.

2010 Sahara
Mango Tango
Hard Top
Kenwood 9980HD w/ Garmin
post #11 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Rock God

I put mine on the roll bar right behind my right ear. heard it very well on the highway no top no doors at 70MPH. But no one could hear me over the noise when I tried to broadcast.
post #12 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
Did the same thing, love it.
I put mine in the roll bar foam above my left ear. Works great.

Not the best photo, but an idea:

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

post #13 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
i have the same location for my speaker, its awesome

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #14 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
JKO Addict!

CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post
i have the same location for my speaker, its awesome
If only your CB were mounted that high....!

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #15 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
If only your CB were mounted that high....!
HAR FUCKING HARDY HAR HAR

agreed

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #16 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

I just used some velcro with a sticky back and stuck my speakers (one for HAM and one for CB) to the top of the sound bar. They are out of the way, and I can hear them fine even at speed. With the top off at speed, they are hard to hear, but I'm not normally chatting on one of my radios then anyway.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #17 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

mounted and hid mine here:

mounted and hid small radioshack speaker here:

hope this helps...

|
|
post #18 of 18 Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

Put a small Uniden speaker in the roll bar padding on the right side. Works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode