07 jk electrical issues - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

07 jk electrical issues

Hey guys. New to this so bear with me. If it matters I have a 2007 2 door x with 110k miles. 6 speed.

This just started happening to me yesterday! I was driving with my buddy in his Cherokee with our doors off and we were sorta in some stop and go traffic. Got to where we were going and shut it off. Got back In maybe 5 minutes after and the jeep wouldn't crank! My instant thought was did it die ? So we pop the hood to jump it off and there's a clicking noise coming from the fuse box. It was the " run relay " or " k2 " relay. Swapped it out with the " run/accessory " relay ( k3 ) and it started right up! So I was like okay I'll just go get that part. Well I drove to the local auto parts store and it's a dealer only part. Go figure. Well on the way to the parts store the check engine light comes on. Throwing a po480 which is cooking circuit malfunction. Didn't make sense cause it was running perfect temp. Not acting up or anything. Well won't crank when it's time to leave. Swapped the k2 fuse with k3 and still nothing! I was like what the piss! Well anyways after trying and trying to start it I finally got it going. I was driving it home and the ESP BAS light and traction control light come on and it wanted to shut it off ! After it died 4 or 5 times it stopped. The lights stayed on. Got it home and went to put it in reverse and the horn went off and the wipers and the fluid sprayed the whole time in reverse !! I have no idea what the problem is ! I replaced the negative terminal on the battery cause it was loose and didn't have a good connection because it was broke. It stopped doing it for about 15 minutes but then started doing it again. Need help! I've heard it could be the clock spring ?? Idk. Please any help would be great! Don't wanna take it to jeep and pay 108$ just for them to tell me what it could be ! Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Rock God

Low battery voltage/capacity will cause all sorts of strange behaviors.
Check your battery voltage with the engine off, and than with it running.

Should be 12.6 or above with the engine off for a few hours, and about 14.3 with the engine running.

How old is your battery?
Have the battery tested. Testing bad is more meaningful than testing good. May a bad battery has passed the parts store test.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #3 of 6 Old 04-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

^X2
the battery charge being at or above the level indicated by ronjenx is spot-on; test the battery voltage when not running as well as once running. If you haven't got a multimeter, then go to an autoparts store ands have them test the battery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

I'll have the battery tested in the am. It's a remain battery from October. I bought the jeep and they thru it in their I guess just the sell it. Has no info on it at all so. I'll get it tested in the am
post #5 of 6 Old 04-27-2016, 08:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Yep check the battery and check all the grounds not just the battery. There are several studs along the sides of the hood that are ground points. There is one by the base of the computer too. I recently had the same thing happen and found a couple of loose grounds. I still have all my o2 heater sensors tripped and can not get them cleared so I will be getting a new ecu.

If you have a programer of flashback on it put it back to stock and reset the computer to see if it will solve it. Remove the positive cable from the battery and hold it on the negative side of the battery for 30 seconds to clear the system and reset the computer.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #6 of 6 Old 04-29-2016, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

what'd it wind-up being, @Grayson0139 ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode