Stereo aftermarket question... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-2016, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Rick Grimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Feedback: 0 reviews
Stereo aftermarket question...

I just bought a 2015 JKU. The stereo is terrible and I don't have the factory sub. I saw where Quadratech has this $1200 square sub in a box combo and one that hangs on the tailgate for half the price. Has anybody bought these and if so, how did you like them? Or what do you recommend?
Rick Grimes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 04-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 542
Feedback: 0 reviews

Head unit would be a huge upgrade. I have a Rubicon with the factory Alpine. Mine is a 2014. What I did was spec out my factory sub enclosure and picked up a Alpine Type R 8" and put in the factory sub location. The 2015 stock location is the storage box on the floor which leaves you more room to play with. I have not used either of the ones you said about but anything is doable if you put your mind to it. I actually considered buying the stock none sub side panel and placing a sub in the cubby hole in the floor. Decided against that route because of my dog riding back there.

The Alpine type R with the small enclosure requirements hits extremely hard for 1200 I am sure you could buy the 2014 enclosure the sub an AMP and wiring stuff and still have some money left over.
Tspevacek is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 04-03-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Rick Grimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspevacek View Post
Head unit would be a huge upgrade. I have a Rubicon with the factory Alpine. Mine is a 2014. What I did was spec out my factory sub enclosure and picked up a Alpine Type R 8" and put in the factory sub location. The 2015 stock location is the storage box on the floor which leaves you more room to play with. I have not used either of the ones you said about but anything is doable if you put your mind to it. I actually considered buying the stock none sub side panel and placing a sub in the cubby hole in the floor. Decided against that route because of my dog riding back there.

The Alpine type R with the small enclosure requirements hits extremely hard for 1200 I am sure you could buy the 2014 enclosure the sub an AMP and wiring stuff and still have some money left over.
Thank you!
Rick Grimes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 04-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Rock God
 
ndtguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 677
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
I just bought a 2015 JKU. The stereo is terrible and I don't have the factory sub. I saw where Quadratech has this $1200 square sub in a box combo and one that hangs on the tailgate for half the price. Has anybody bought these and if so, how did you like them? Or what do you recommend?
I was in your boat. I went online and bought a 10"JL sub in a slim box. I have it up against the side right behind the rear seat. I have a Rockford Fosgate's PBR300X2 2-channel amp. I bridged it (300x1) and it pushes the sub really well (it hits really hard).

If you have any questions, let me know. Somewhere in the write-up section, I have a step-by-step post about swapping out the deck and full range speakers. I have a 2014, but yours should be very similar.

Let us know how things went and what you did.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
ndtguy is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 04-07-2016, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Rick Grimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtguy View Post
I was in your boat. I went online and bought a 10"JL sub in a slim box. I have it up against the side right behind the rear seat. I have a Rockford Fosgate's PBR300X2 2-channel amp. I bridged it (300x1) and it pushes the sub really well (it hits really hard).

If you have any questions, let me know. Somewhere in the write-up section, I have a step-by-step post about swapping out the deck and full range speakers. I have a 2014, but yours should be very similar.

Let us know how things went and what you did.
Thank you! I will have to do a search to find that!
Rick Grimes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome