Brake controller help please - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607
Brake controller help please

I have been on the road straight since 1pm yesturday and am in Tucson now, nonstop, we are driving my buddies 07 unlimited bone stock pulling a 5x10 trailer loaded with tools and gang boxes. We are rushing to a heater blow out in a small refinery outside of Newark California.

He installed the mopar 7pin harness but we need a brake controller and what wires to make it work. I have been following post but there seems to be issues with stuff burning out or other issues. As I have said we are driving straight through, I'm on my iPhone and service is slow outside of the major areas.

If anyone has succesfully got this to work please let me know what controller, parts and wires and also tried the search but it pulls up everything but. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this fixed for him before we drive back, thanks so much!!!

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 09:32 AM
JKO Addict!

I have an older drawtite activator 2
you will have to run a wire from the battery for the + to the controller
a ground wire from the controller to somewhere under the dash
a wire to the trailer plug from the controller
the signal wire to the controller will come off the brake switch under the dash and its the white with brown tracer on the harness going to the switch.

Let me know if you need any more help

Joe V. [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Thank you, do you need to run a relay for the wire off the brake switch?

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 12:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
Thank you, do you need to run a relay for the wire off the brake switch?
no you dont

|
|
post #5 of 6 Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 PM

confirming the correct brake switch wire

Sorry to be a pain, but before I connect the last wire of my tekonsha controller, I wanted to triple check which wire to use for the brake light switch. I see a white with brown/tan strip on the harness going into the brake light switch assembly (on the brake pedal.)

I will put a volt meter on the final end connector before I connect to the controller itself. but with the risk of screwing up the Jeep's electrical, i though asking once more won't hurt. But I read somewhere that you should "never" disconnect this harness or it will somehow damage things. otherwise I would just put a volt meter on the connection directly.

here are the pictures from my 2010 JK unlimited. sorry for the bad pictures, but the white w/ thin brown strip is one on the far right of the 6 wire harness.
Attached Images

post #6 of 6 Old 08-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Follow up

Just to confirm, YES, the white w/ brown wire is the right wire to splice to. Yeah, yeah, I know you already knew this, but I just wanted to report success in my brake controller install. Now someone searching for this question will now have a confirmed answer.

AND..... my off-road camp trailer is ready for pickup next week.... and I am ready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode