'12 Rubi - Remote Start Disabled - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-27-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Question '12 Rubi - Remote Start Disabled

Hey guys - tried to search here but didn't find any resolution...
My remote start isn't functioning currently. Salesman got it to work one night when I went to pick it up (didn't get to take it home for a few service reasons)...then it didn't work after I drove it off the lot, but I had a check engine light for an O2 sensor & the service department said the check engine was the reason why. Fixed that and the Remote Start still doesn't work. Dash display says the Hood is Ajar. I don't get a "hood ajar" notification any other time unless I'm attempting the remote start. I've opened the hood & closed it back & checked the latches. Everything is as secure as it can be.

Ideas or suggestions?

-mK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-27-2016, 11:09 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Well.. This might seem somewhat obvious, but your remote star will not function without all doors, trunks, and hoods secure. It will tell you on the dash why the request was aborted. I'd research what is responsible for reporting the hood is secure. It is either malfunctioning or the hood latch is out of alignment. It's really the only thing I can think of.

Ton of shit, and not listing it all..
post #3 of 8 Old 03-28-2016, 10:13 AM

There is a plunger switch in the front of the engine bay up by the grill on the driver side. This is what tells the computer when the hood is open. Make sure the wire on the bottom is plugged in all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Granite Guru

If the plunger suggestion above doesn't work, try disconnecting the battery for about 15mins. Re-connect and check the dash display for hood indicator. Might not come back on and your remote start may work without issue. If this works, I would have the codes read to make sure there are no underlying issues.

2012 JKUR
[Teraflex Full Arm 3"][Britax Baby Seat][Cooper Discoverer STT 35"][Yukon 4:56][Ace Pro Series Bumpers][Artec front truss, Synergy gussets][Smittybilt X20 winch w/synthetic line][Tom Woods front and rear 1350 driveshafts][Crawler Concepts liners][Poison Spyder Fenders][Trucklights][Cobra 75WXT][TrekArmor Covers][Hothead Headliner]
post #5 of 8 Old 03-29-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDrum View Post
There is a plunger switch in the front of the engine bay up by the grill on the driver side. This is what tells the computer when the hood is open. Make sure the wire on the bottom is plugged in all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Oooohhh thanks for the suggest! When it's not raining/dark/snowing I'll be sure to check!
post #6 of 8 Old 04-02-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Sooooooooo the plunger switch is loose in the metal harness spot & I think that's the issue. There's a dented spot in the hood liner too... might not be making enough contact to push down enough for the sensor to realize the hood is shut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Recent Trail Damage:
Skid plate scuffed: Check.
Foot skin & knee scuffed: Check.
Brain fart on changing shoes first: Check.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-02-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
Sooooooooo the plunger switch is loose in the metal harness spot & I think that's the issue. There's a dented spot in the hood liner too... might not be making enough contact to push down enough for the sensor to realize the hood is shut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Most of those plunger switches go to ground when closed. You should be able to unplug the wire from the plunger switch and use your remote start.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-02-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaion View Post
Most of those plunger switches go to ground when closed. You should be able to unplug the wire from the plunger switch and use your remote start.
Interesting - thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode