Issues with computer/trans 2012 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-08-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Issues with computer/trans 2012

New to the forum.

Got my 2012 JK and put some 35s on it, week goes by and my ABS/ESP lights come on and stay on. Well, I didn't think anything of it because I didn't know that was an issue because I'm an idiot. Traded for a set of 33s and issue persists. My problems so far consist of:

1) ABS/ESP lights stay on all times while vehicle is on
2) (randomly) gets into a weird mood where the transmission (auto) won't shift until 5-7k RPM and will shift then stay at 4.5k and erupt a God awful sound.

I got an alignment and ran it for a code. I got -d0ne- which was a relief but at the same time a worry because now I don't know why is the issue. I have been told a sensor of different sorts but wouldn't I have gotten a code from it? I've been advised to use a programmer and let the computer know I have 33s but will that resolve it? Not sure what to do at this point and being a broke college student who lucked out on a few tire trades isn't helping.

Thank you a lol for your help in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remwestbrook View Post
New to the forum.

Got my 2012 JK and put some 35s on it, week goes by and my ABS/ESP lights come on and stay on. Well, I didn't think anything of it because I didn't know that was an issue because I'm an idiot. Traded for a set of 33s and issue persists. My problems so far consist of:

1) ABS/ESP lights stay on all times while vehicle is on
2) (randomly) gets into a weird mood where the transmission (auto) won't shift until 5-7k RPM and will shift then stay at 4.5k and erupt a God awful sound.

I got an alignment and ran it for a code. I got -d0ne- which was a relief but at the same time a worry because now I don't know why is the issue. I have been told a sensor of different sorts but wouldn't I have gotten a code from it? I've been advised to use a programmer and let the computer know I have 33s but will that resolve it? Not sure what to do at this point and being a broke college student who lucked out on a few tire trades isn't helping.

Thank you a lol for your help in advance!
Yes a programmer recalibrating the tire size should fix your issues. Currently it is reading a different speed then what the vehicle is expecting to see for a given RPM range and the computer does not know how to translate what it is seeing other then telling you it is having an issue.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-08-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much. You just really helped me. Is there a specific programmer you would suggest? I don't want to spend a ton of money but you have to pay to play I suppose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

Procal is easy to use and almost fuck up proof.
It has no screens or bling, it just works.
The others can monitor and change various settings and also obd2 data. I think for the most basic user the procal is good enough.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Granite Guru

If you wanna shell out a little extra $$ I would say Superchips. I have been running mine for a while and never have had any issues. Just my .02

OIF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode