how to make the alarm go off when the hood is opened - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

how to make the alarm go off when the hood is opened

so ive searched and found posts mentioning it but I really haven't found a clear explanation on how to do this. Something about hooking a wire used for people with remote start and hooking it to the door sensor but Im trying to figure out exactly what wires to use.

SO, what wire under the hood needs to be extended and what wire does it need tapped into. Pics are good but an explanation with what color wire and their locations would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance guys.

No more Jeep
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

get an aftermarket alarm installed.... hood pin switch included

scene: Agaudo smashes cockroach to provoke ventura
Agaudo: Homicide!, ventura how you gonna solve that one?
Ventura: Good question Agaudo,first I'd establish a motive..in this case the killer saw the size of the bugs dick and became insanely jealous!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Wire a pin switch to the dome light signal wires in the door harness, only problem is whenever you open the hood your dome light will turn on.

You will have to add a pin switch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

After mEier bypasses the sentry key=easier to steal.

If you can't find the harness for it somewhere behind the drivers headlight, then just add a regular old hood pin switch (I perfer the higher end oem sealed type), mouning it with the bracket that should be supplied with it then run a wire from it to inside the cab (cut a small hole in the rear washer hose grommet) you will be able to see the wire coming through the firewall when you pop off the left side dash panel, then tap the wire into the purple wire that is in the loom right in front of you. Yes the domelight will come on when you open the hood but at least it's protected, I just had surgery on my neck so when it heals up enough I plan on getting under there and trying to find the so called unit to see if it has any unused zones. I looked before with no luck. Not sure if it part of the main computer.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Granite Guru

QUOTE=rob4607;459493]After mEier bypasses the sentry key=easier to steal.

If you can't find the harness for it somewhere behind the drivers headlight, then just add a regular old hood pin switch (I perfer the higher end oem sealed type), mouning it with the bracket that should be supplied with it then run a wire from it to inside the cab (cut a small hole in the rear washer hose grommet) you will be able to see the wire coming through the firewall when you pop off the left side dash panel, then tap the wire into the purple wire that is in the loom right in front of you. Yes the domelight will come on when you open the hood but at least it's protected, I just had surgery on my neck so when it heals up enough I plan on getting under there and trying to find the so called unit to see if it has any unused zones. I looked before with no luck. Not sure if it part of the main computer.[/QUOTE]

uhhhh..huh huh... only if you hook up remote start does that happen
(and it requires a specified module)
so no bypass for sentrykey thanks for playin

scene: Agaudo smashes cockroach to provoke ventura
Agaudo: Homicide!, ventura how you gonna solve that one?
Ventura: Good question Agaudo,first I'd establish a motive..in this case the killer saw the size of the bugs dick and became insanely jealous!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-2010, 10:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Huh, try making a sensible post instead of having to decipher. If you bypass the sentry key sensor then it makes it easier to steel plain and simple, if anyone does that I will guarantee you that I can bypass what ever alarm by whatever installer you have install it and be soaking up your ac listening to your radio in less than a minute. Specially since very few install any sort of hood lock to secure the battery, and if you have a back up battery well you just made it that much easier to find the alarm and the wires. I installed alarms from 90-98, I even did evander hollyfields 93 mustang that the alarm had over 50 functions controlled by the alarm, some of them being top up and down, ac on off, temp control, radio on and off, sound up and down, change channels, change cd tracks, change cd in the changer, doors open and close trunk and hood open and close. So there is not much I can't do with a relay, liniear actuator and so on. I'm limited to figuring out how the stock alarm works eithe independent or a seperate brain due to all my neck problems that I've had from doing alarms for so long but finally last week had the surgery to fix it and as soon as I can flex enough to get under the dash with the seats removed I'll be doing it because the way I have it now sucks and would rather go to the source independently for the hood and future motion sensor and impact sensor.

I know many feel comfortable with aftermarket alarms but if you actually went and looked at the install you would probably throw up.
Mobile one used to be one of the bigger install shop chain in the surrounding states and their policy was to bundle all the wires together with the brain and lay the brain and wires behind the carpet on the firewall. So most f the time it would interfere with the brake pedal or the gas pedal ect. If the brain is not mounted up az high as possible securely with all the wires twisted with a drill then wrapped with electrical tape with all the wires combined to corrosponding locations then thoroughly zip tied to the other looms but keeping the ties hidden as well. All connections need to be soldered as well, very very few do all this and is worthless, not to mention the laziest place to install the siren in the engine compartment. So a quick flip of two latches, throw up the hood rip the siren wires or cut the battery cable either way quick and easy, jump inside grab the wires at the lowst point, easiest place for the installer to tap all the starter and hot, ignition wires. Pull them down, the twist two of the wires together(the one that is not cut In half for the starter kill) then take the wire cut in half and touch it to the hot, now it's running. Steering wheel lock out is as quick and easy.

With the sentry key still up and running, there is no way to start it.

If you want me to prove it to you just send me your liscense plate is all I need and give my neck a few weeks and will be glad to show you as I used to do for texas dps, and Galveston county sherrifs office.

Really not trying to be a smart ass as much as it sounds that way, but I really feel everyone needs the truth about aftermarket alarms. If I would recommend anything it would be a lojack system. And if you do go viper or whatever stop in and ask to view one going in so you can see. Also one or two piezo sirens inside will really help keep Simone from spending too much time in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode