ABS / traction control light on. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-07-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thumbs down ABS / traction control light on.

I was installing my PS flares today, and I had to drill through the pass side inner bracket. Well my dumb ass drilled right into a wire loom. I opened it up and only one wire got nicked. It is the thicker tan/red wire. It did not split. All other wires in both looms were fine. I taped them all back up and went to go check ignition. Now the ABS/traction control lights are on. They weren't on yesterday when I drove last. My ScangaugeII shows no codes, but a handful of 'pending' codes. I drove it, it stayed on. I disconnected the battery, still on.

Any ideas before I resort to dropping this off at the stealership?

SkullDaddyGraphics.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

2013 JK

Last edited by skulldaddy; 09-26-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

why not remedy the damaged wire&its insulation via solder+heat shrink (with the battery disconnected ) then leave the battery disconnected another 15min. Touch the neg and positive battety cables to each other before connecting each and then start her up and see if she isn't OK? I mean , its one obvious wire and will take about 5-10 min of time .....

post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2016, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
why not remedy the damaged wire&its insulation via solder+heat shrink (with the battery disconnected ) then leave the battery disconnected another 15min. Touch the neg and positive battety cables to each other before connecting each and then start her up and see if she isn't OK? I mean , its one obvious wire and will take about 5-10 min of time .....
No offense but touching the pos and neg battery cables together does not sound like a good idea!

SkullDaddyGraphics.com

|
|

2013 JK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
No offense but touching the pos and neg battery cables together does not sound like a good idea!
None taken ; if youll search about the ECU , you'll come across info pertaining to ...

The Electronic Control Module, or ECU as its commonly called,which stores the information for your vehicle and your driving habits in its memory. The memory is maintaned by a series of capacitors that hold a charge and maintain power for the ECU when the vehicle is turned off. The following procedure will allow you to reset the memory and allow the computer to 're-learn' how to drive by adjusting to the drivers habits and the vehicles modifications.

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. For the next 50 warm-up periods the ECU will re-learn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode