Wire harness bad? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wire harness bad?

so I have the rugged ridge pillar pod with one rocker switch in it that controls the led pods on my windshield just recently I bought a 20" led bar for my bumper and another switch and wire harness. I mounted my light bar then connected my ground and power from my relay and then ran the wire for the switch inside my jeep. The wire harness had already came with a switch already connected so I just cut that switch off and it revealed a red black and yellow wire. I connected the red and black wire to my switch the yellow I left alone and the connected a wire that leads to the other switch cause that switch has. A wire that runs to my accessory wire so the switches won't stay on when the jeep is off. My problem is that the switch lights up and works but my led bar does not I connected a multi meter to the two wires that lead to my led bar and I get nothing so I'm wondering if it's the relay? Or something else? any help is appreciated and ask questions if I didn't make any of this clear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-05-2016, 04:42 AM
Rock God

Do you know where the red yellow and black wires actually go in the harness?

I assume from your description that you are using accessory power to power the switch and relay circuit so it is on key power. Maybe you should be using the yellow and black wire instead of the red and black?

What brand light bar is it? And I assume you are using the harness that came with it? What switch are you using in place of the included one?

Is the relay a simple four post with a plug in the harness? If so you can pull the relay and look for a diagram on it. It should show which terminals are which. You could check for 12V between pins 85-86 on the harness side when you have the switch turned on. What color wires go to those positions in the harness? Can you feel/hear the relay click when you flip the switch?

Last edited by BigTB; 02-05-2016 at 04:46 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-07-2016, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I found out that it was a faulty wire harness. It was one of those cheap harnesses on Amazon but they sent me a new one and it works great now. My relay was not clicking on at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode