Truck-Lite longevity? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RiverCityOffroad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-25-2016, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Truck-Lite longevity?

Random question for those running the Gen 2 Truck-Lite LED headlights on their JK's. I've had mine now since mid-2012 and mostly had no problems or issues in the first three years they were installed. It was when I was just over the three year mark that one of them failed, just flat out went out and would not work. Now I'm having an issue with the other one starting flicker pretty bad (not the typical PWM flicker we usually get running a standard pigtail harness) while running and occasionally flickering out and not lighting up when I unlock using the key fob.

Has anyone else with the Truck-Lites had a similar issue with them lasting barely past the warranty period?

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-25-2016, 10:50 AM
VKS Fab

I went through 3 of them in a matter of a couple months. They just went dim, didn't fully go out. Every time they sent us a replacement without issue. I think they had a problem with a batch. We haven't had any problems in a year or so.

Handmade One At A Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #3 of 12 Old 01-25-2016, 11:07 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

They will always take care of you if you give them the opportunity to help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-25-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yeah they were good about swapping the first out for me when I was just a hair outside the warranty, this one I'm not so sure about since I'm a little further outside the warranty.

Talked to Tom over there who gave me some tips on trouble shooting so we'll see where that gets me.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-26-2016, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

................and the answer is tough shit you are out of warranty.

Guess I'll be picking up a set of JW Speaker's.

post #6 of 12 Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
................and the answer is tough shit you are out of warranty.

Guess I'll be picking up a set of JW Speaker's.
Someone from Trucklite will be contacting you to fix the problem. Not sure who you spoke with but they always stand behind the problems when I've needed them. Jamie should be reaching out to you, I just sent her your info.

Marcus

post #7 of 12 Old 01-26-2016, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Someone from Trucklite will be contacting you to fix the problem. Not sure who you spoke with but they always stand behind the problems when I've needed them. Jamie should be reaching out to you, I just sent her your info.

Marcus
Marcus, a huge thanks for that. I just saw the e-mail from her a few moments ago.

I tell ya I don't know who I got earlier in their tech department but their customer service skills were definitely lacking. I did call back and got Tom who I spoke with yesterday and he's been helpful and seems willing to try and help me out.

I fully understand that I'm 6-7 months outside of my warranty and have zero expectation that they should or will do anything for me. To me, it just seems odd that I'd have the first one fail just over the 3yr mark and then have the other one start to fail within just a couple of months of first one. To me that signals there may have been an issue with a certain lot of lights in that production run.

We'll see what happens.

post #8 of 12 Old 01-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Rock God

I have 60,000 miles on mine. Still going strong. but now you have me thinking. I can not imagine going back to stock lights after 3 years of truck lites.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I have to give big props to Truck-Lite for being accommodating and replacing headlamp that was starting to fail even though I was out of warranty. They must have agreed that it was strange to have two lights fail within 7 months of each other.

I also have to give HUGE props to Marcus at River City Offrad for stepping in unsolicited getting me in touch with the person who got this issue resolved for me. Thanks Bud!

post #10 of 12 Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Glad it worked out with a happy ending!
Eburgpirate likes this.

post #11 of 12 Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Wheeler

I bought a pair in 2015. My Hard Rock is pretty much a hanger queen with only a few thousand miles a year usage. Within a few months one light started going dim and was replaced by Trucklite, no questions asked. I started getting my Jeep ready to go hunting the other day and noticed the second light doing the same thing. Almost three years after purchase. An email to Trucklite and Jennifer was most helpful. I told her I was going hunting and she had a replacement on the way the next day. I received it in plenty of time to install. I really like the lights but think maybe we just got into a bad batch? Great customer service!
post #12 of 12 Old 11-08-2017, 01:21 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Happy Ending....Snicker,snicker
I see what you did there Marcus!

08'Rubicon, 37" Radial Trepadors, DIY beadlocks,10 Factory rear axles,RCV front shafts,Sleeved front,C-gussets,5.38's,OBA,highlift,Warn,
PSC fenders,corners,rocker knocker, BFH rear, Warn front, Classic Cobra 29,Carpet delete, hurculinered tub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode