2012-16 Dual Battery set-up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-17-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2012-16 Dual Battery set-up

I have a 2014 JKU and am looking to do some mods soon. Not going to be as easy to install dual batteries in this rig. Who makes the best kit? Anyone figure out a good way to fit 2 batteries in this engine compartment without a kit? Will probably go with a high output alternator also. Would appreciate suggestions on this because I only want to do this once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Granite Guru

I bought the MORE dual battery tray. It's a little bit of work but I had a couple under hood messes to address anyways. Just familiarize yourself with the process and be patient with the electrical connectors and it will go fine.

I have two batteries but I never did hook the second one up. I just make sure it is charged before trips. Someday I suppose...
post #3 of 6 Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

Best is the Genesis Offroad kit. One of the best things I've done to the Jeep. Not cheap but very well engineered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-17-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I will check these both out.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-17-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

The Genesis kit looks sweet. Engineering looks to be top shelf. Thats the way I will go when I am ready to pull the trigger.

Last edited by slvnblk; 01-17-2016 at 08:33 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-18-2016, 02:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
Best is the Genesis Offroad kit. One of the best things I've done to the Jeep. Not cheap but very well engineered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvnblk View Post
The Genesis kit looks sweet. Engineering looks to be top shelf. Thats the way I will go when I am ready to pull the trigger.
The Genesis kit is a great choice, and especially when you add the G Screen. (Don't have the G Screen yet, myself, but it's on the short list.) It's a pretty simple install, fits like a glove, and looks very professional when installed.

I know everyone has their favorites, but I would suggest if/when you go that route, get the Odyssey 34-PC1500ST-M. This is a Marine battery and has the additional screw posts on the top. It does fit very nicely with the Genesis system (see my build thread pg. 4 for a shot of mine installed), and there is also a cheaper rebadged version sold as a Sears Die-Hard Platinum Marine, but they are like unicorns out here on the west coast. Don't know what you might find in Chicagoland. The marine version costs a little more than the straight PC1500, but to me, it's worth the extra cost for the extra connection points. Not a stock item, but I called and ordered mine through 4 Wheel Parts.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode