JKU WINDOWS WON'T ROLL DOWN - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-15-2016, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

JKU WINDOWS WON'T ROLL DOWN

2007 JKU windows won't roll down.

For the past week my windows refused to roll down. None of the windows work. I have 4 switches up front and 2 in the rear, none of them are working.*

When you push the front 2 window switches to 'auto down' the relay contained within the 'switch' control module 'clicks' like the relay isn't grounded or is starved for power.*

So, I've tried everything. . .*
-I took the doors off another JKU and the switch module, the problem continued.*
-I did a billion key sequences.*
-Disconnected the battery um-teen-million times.*
-messed with grounds.*
-Checked fuses and relays.*
-put a multimeter on the module, it's getting power.*

So I took my jeep to an electronic shop... finally... she regrounded the wires on the driver side near the kick panel, and the windows worked!*
....Then 5 minutes later they didn't....*

Pulled it back into the shop, and we're all at a loss as to why they stopped working again. What do we do now? Wire in a new ground for the window module? HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

You said you tried other doors known to be working and the switch module. Switch module had power. Maybe run a hard wire from the battery to the window motors to prove your motors work. Then the same from the switch panel. Easiest thing for you is your jeep to door connections are corroded, but not likely all 4 at once.
If you are getting power from battery but not the switch you can check Ronjenx's fine work because it might just be the power window power supply is not good. If bad, replace the skinny silver relay below/right of the air bag relay. Ronjenx has some good tipm threads here but a more complete one on jeepforum worth looking at.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50558
Also load test your battery. Weak batteries mess with the jk Feng shui or something.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Rock God

I'm not sure that this is your problem but , my GF has a '14' JKUR and there is a connector under the console at the back of it that she somehow spilled a adult beverage on and it caused a similar condition .

We cleaned up the mess and reconnected after a little dielectric grease and have not experienced any further malfunction of the windows or the locks .

Good Luck hope this helps .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-15-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

I checked that little silver relay type thing. It's working fine. All my door connections are fine.

What connector are you talking about the one that connects the driver door? The one that connects the switches? They're both fine.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-15-2016, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Just hot a new yellow top optimum in October, not likely a battery issue.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

I was thinking door connectors.
You had them working after the new ground, so if the relay works, the switches work and the motors work, I can only guess it is a short or loose connection somewhere.
Sorry I can't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode