Okay, I also found a TSB relating to the condition.
Bottom line up front - pull out IOD fuse, wait 30 seconds, reseat and try it again until it can be fixed.
Here's the TSB.
DATE: March 04, 2008
SUBJECT: No Engine Crank Or No Engine Start Due To Electronic Lockup Of The WCM / SKREEM
This bulletin involves the replacement of the Wireless Control Module (WCM). The WCM is also referred to as the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).
The customer may experience a no engine crank and/or a no engine start condition. Also, the remote keyless entry (RKE) system may not operate.
This condition may be due to an electrostatic discharge (ESD) from the ignition key into the Wireless Control Module (WCM), causing the WCM to electronically lockup. This condition may occur more frequently in dry and/or cold weather conditions where a sufficient electrostatic charge is more easily produced. This condition is corrected by the replacement of the WCM.
Until the WCM is replaced, the WCM may be reset (unlocked) by either: disconnecting and then reconnect the battery negative cable at the battery, or by removing the IOD fuse (with the key out of the ignition switch), waiting 30 seconds, and reinstall the IOD fuse.
1. With the vehicle in the no crank / no start condition, connect the StarSCAN� scan tool to the vehicle.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the �ON� position, and power up the StarSCAN�.
3. If the WCM is electronically locked up, the StarSCAN� will display the WCM as being �off bus�.
4. If the no crank / no start condition is present, and the WCM is �off bus�, then reset the WCM by temporarily removing the IOD fuse (with the key out of the ignition switch), waiting for 30 seconds and then reinstalling the IOD fuse.
5. If the above condition has occurred, and if the part number of the WCM is earlier than the part number of the WCM listed in the parts list in the Service Bulletin, then perform the Repair Procedure.
1. Replace the WCM/SKREEM. Refer to TechCONNECT for detailed service information. From the Service Info tab select: 8 - Electrical > Vehicle Theft Security - Service Information > Module, Sentry Key Remote Entry > Removal and Installation.
NOTE: After a WCM/SKREEM is replaced, the ignition/transponder keys need to be programmed to a new WCM/SKREEM. Follow the directions on the StarSCAN�. The transponder key for the SKREEM/WCM and the RKE will be programmed during this operation. There is no need to program the fob of the key for RKE functionality once the transponder key is programmed to the new WCM/SKREEM.