2014 w/Alpine sounds terrible - fixes? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-08-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

2014 w/Alpine sounds terrible - fixes?

First post after bringing home my first jeep - a 2014 JKUR X with 4400 miles. Though it has the Alpine stereo with 430n, it sounds terrible. I'm no audiophile - I'm 57 years old and my ears ring - but am hoping to make this thing sound at least decent. I've read a lot about guys replacing the front and bar speakers with Mopar speakers (5081670AB) or Kickers (77KICK10) and being really pleased with the results, but they all seem to be from 2012 models with different setups than the Alpine. Will that same solution work for a 2014 with the Alpine setup?

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Wheeler

I have the 15 hard rock with the same system (I think), and I have been very pleased. I do think I comprehend good audience, I have Bowers & Wilkins set up in my office, a Sonos system throughout my house & klipsch in my living room.

Does yours have the sub in the floor? (Mine does)

I don't say all this to combat your concern... I'm wondering if there may be something wrong..
post #3 of 8 Old 01-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Wheeler

I also have a lower expectation for how a Jeep stereo should sound... So I may be hurting more than helping..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-09-2016, 10:11 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx159 View Post
I also have a lower expectation for how a Jeep stereo should sound... So I may be hurting more than helping..
Quoted for truth.

I had a 2011 that I basically worked over top to bottom, pushing real power, aftermarket everything with sound deadener. Aftermarket sub... Still sucked. The acoustic environment in a Jeep is probably one of the worst out there. Get ready to spend a few grand making the Jeep sound good if you're expecting audiophile level audio. Or, just settle for the mediocre quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 05:00 AM
Wheeler

I was lead to believe that reguardless of the stereo model, they all have the same speakers. I changed mine with the kickers and it is a big difference. You might want to look at one of your speakers in the sound bar. They are real junk
post #6 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Rock God

I changed my speakers for the kickers, and the sound quality improved immensely. I can actually understand what is being said, and the music being played.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Granite Guru

The Alpine system in the 2015 and up is a complete redesign. It has bigger factory amplifiers and new speakers. The Alpine system from 2012 to 2014 is absolute garbage. If you want anything remotely you'll need to replace everything with quality after market components.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

Are we sure the op knows how to adjust the knobs for his best listening pleasure ?He is 58 after all ! LOL My wife is 59 and she can't do it either ! lol. Really though, adjust it the best you can and find some place to put you Jeep in 4wd low and believe me, if you really need 4wd low, you won't be listening to the sound quality of Led Zepplin, Jethro Tull, Ozzie,you know old peoples music! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode