Turn Signal / Blinker Issues - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-04-2016, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Turn Signal / Blinker Issues

I have a 2008 Unlimited Rubicon and my turn signal seems to have a few gremlins. My left turn signal started flashing quickly periodically. I checked the bulbs and even switched the rear ones from the left side. It would occasionally go a couple of days with no issues and then, seemingly randomly go back to flashing quickly. Yesterday, for no apparent reason, other than I replaced the right side marker, the problem switched to the right side. Without starting the engine I placed the key in the on position and turned on the right blinker and it blinked normally the first time, but when I turned the right blinker off then back on the problem came back. I turned the key off and then back on and it again worked properly the first time, but then went back to blinking fast. Today the problem has moved back to the left side. The front blinkers work and the right rear tail light works. The left tail light doesn't work. When its working everything works the way it should, but when it starts blinking fast the issues begin. Any thoughts on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Research, bro!

Garage

I had fairly similar turn signal issues a couple of years back. Most likely the turn signal switch which I ended up replacing on mine. Mopar #68041485-AD. Easy to install yourself.

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A proud part of the Cutts!
post #3 of 6 Old 01-04-2016, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

My research so far suggests you're probably right, but I was hoping it might be something a little bit cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Rock God

When the problem presents, see which light isn't flashing. Then, wiggle the wires for that light.

Most of the time, when it's not a burned out bulb, it's a problem with a ground or power connection at the light fixture.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #5 of 6 Old 01-05-2016, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It just seems weird that it would switch from one side to the other. Where are the rear lights grounded at?
post #6 of 6 Old 01-06-2016, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How do I test to make sure it's the multi-function switch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode