Sierra LED Lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sierra LED Lights

Wanted to share a great innovated product that I have been running for a little over 6 months. Its Sierra LED's 50" Dual AmberWhite light bar. It uses 1 led chip to provide the white light or amber light by the flip of a switch. I am amazed on how the definition of the terrain comes out in the dark with the amber and how well it cuts through dust in the dark. It keeps the glare down big time and is very easy on the eyes. I ran a cheap amazon light before this one and the glare and light bleed off was horrible. This light is a lot more focused and 100 times better build. The craftsman ship that went into it is clean and slick.

Here the website

https://www.sierraledlights.com

What comes in the box--

Full Wiring harness with relays and dual switch
Piece of Rubber to keep the bar from humming when going down the freeway
Universal Mounts and hardware
and of course the 50" dual AmberWhite light bar

Here are the specs on the 50" dual AmberWhite light bar.

Watts--324

Size--2.56 in. Depth, 4.37 in. Bracket Height, 50.00 in. ID, 51.5 in. OD, 52.5 in. Bracket OD

Lumens--24,300

Waterproof Rating--IP68

Housing Color--BLACK

LED Chip Type--6000K White, Dual 590nm Amber / 6000K White

Anyways, enough with the gibbers here are some pics

The Box

The black piece that is laying on the lid is a piece of rubber that comes with the light bar to keep it from humming when going down the freeway

The Bar

Comes with universal mounts--they also offer JK A-pillar mounts as well--I built my own cause I wanted the challenge

The Optics

The Harness and switch

The plug for the Harness to the light bar

My build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Robbs2008JK; 12-22-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

White

Amber

Stud Mount design

How I Mounted it close to the windshield as possible and you can see how no light is coming through behind the bar do to that piece of rubber

Can see how the spot and flood work

My build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Going to get some good night shots this weekend in the snow at night to show how the amber works

My build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

I'm glad you started this as I have been looking into them from reading your build thread. I have always been a fan of Baja Design but this dull white/ Amber function is sweet!

08 Jk Unlimited Rubicon

Link to build page-
post #5 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Here is Sierra LEDs Rock Light Kit in RGB (Red/Green/Blue) 8 Pod Kit I just got. They also offer them in solid colors with just regular on and off. They are 3 watt Pods
You can make them any color you choose, they stay solid, blink, fade, sync with music. They are fully waterproof and encased in aluminum housings. They bolt into place with the included hardware. They come with mounts for tube or flat mounting and have wire guides in them so you dont pinch the wire coming out of the light pod. All connections are twist lock. Only thing needed is a fuse and connect to battery. Kit was very easy to install.
Here are some pics of the lights then will post some pics of the install
Enjoy!

Full aluminum led pods 3 watts each

Twist lock waterproof connections

Remote that controls the light functions, colors, brightness, speed, music sync

Light mounts for tube or flat

Can see the cut outs for the wire to run through

Control box. A little bulky but fits under drivers dash easily.

Microphone for the music

My build

post #6 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Here is the install on the Sierra LED Rock Lights.
Only issue I came across was the length of the wires coming off the pods cause of where I installed my lights. I wanted to put the control box up by the master cylinder but the passenger rear was too short by a couple feet. So looked at the body plugs and found one on each side under the front seats, ended up working perfectly and had wire to spare. Only pic I didn't take was where I put the control box under the drivers dash up above the stock stereo amp. Whats cool is that the kit comes with bolts or self tapping screws for install. I pre-drilled the holes do to the location I installed the pods. I installed them in the front bumper(used a high end servo tape I use in my rc toys), on the front rear rockers tucked up in the body and in the rear fender well.

Front bumper

Front Rocker up by the front wheel well

Rear rocker by rear wheel well

Rear wheel well

Where I pulled the wires through the body under the seats through the body plugs and silicone the body plugs

My build

post #7 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Here is what they look like at night. These are off my iphone so the pics aren't as good. They are brighter then my old vision x rock lights and much better design. They will do 7 different colors as well as the color wheel on the remote. You can make them blink, fade, speed them up/slow them down, stay on solid, dim then and make them go to music. I will be getting better pics this weekend in the snow is the plan.

Enjoy

Red--its really red just shitty pic

White--I know there is color at edges of pattern--that cause the pods use 1 green, 1 blue, and 1 red led to make up the colors

My build

post #8 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbs2008JK View Post
...and you can see how no light is coming through behind the bar do to that piece of rubber...
How is the rubber "mounted"? Can you get a better pic to show how it is in there or maybe just elaborate on it? It isnt just wedged in between the light and the windshield is it?

Thanks.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

It's perfectly cut to fit into the cooling fins on the light bar. I will get a picture of it in the morning

My build

Last edited by Robbs2008JK; 12-22-2015 at 11:51 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-27-2015, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Here are those better night shots I promised

Here is the light bar on

White

Amber

Rock lights

My build

post #11 of 11 Old 03-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Wheeler

What headlights are you running? And how do you like them?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode