sound system for audiophiles - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-03-2015, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

sound system for audiophiles

OK IVE GOT SO MUCH MONEY IN THIS SOUND SYSTEM MIGHT AS WELL FINISH IT RIGHT LET me explain ive put sky high car audio sound proofing material all over the inside floor plan and fire wall etc then ive lined the sound bar and speaker pods with same damping material and on top of soundbar i didnt have the premium sound system so no factory ampand stuff ive got the Kenwood exelon dnn991-hd with wifi everyone gets impressed when i start streaming video off you tube lol in the sound bar ive got a blues audio/liner power component set yes i made a 1 inch hole next to woofer for tweeter any way ive got that biamped with a kicker zr 240 on the tweets and a linear power 2.2 pushing them 6.5 now in the front ive got 2 of the kicker kst 1 inch silk dome tweeters and some old school 6.5 kicker freeair subwofers but the motor was to big to fit in that dash pod so i had tp put a mdf spacer ring to make it work it was behind the dash and no one was gonna see it anyway what i didnt account for was with the extra lenth the speaker stuck out from the pod the passenger side dash wouldnt quite fit over it right and so one side of the sub was rubbing the back side of the dash and i didnt notice it was doin that so needless to say a speaker has to move straing up and down or voice coil rub is what you get so ive ruined my old school hard to `find freeair sub drivers side fit fine and oh yeah ive got a 10.4 cf foot sub box in the back with 2 kicker cvr 18 inch subs ported with a linear power 2250 on them plus wire fues etc ive got a pile of $$$ in it and now my raido sounds like ass with that dam coil rubbing so this is my problem now i got all high sq stuff in their and want it all that way so i ran across a alpine spx 17 3 way component set another 400 so i can take out the front kicker tweeters and put the alpines in i can put the 6.5 in the dash and if i have to cut them pods open to make room for the motor ill just fiberglass over what i had to cut now what do i do with the 5.25 midrage its all designed to work together wile im sure it will sound ok without it it should sound wonderfull with it i was thinkingin maybe a kickpanel speaker pod but i cant find anyone that makes one so im looking for ideas if i have to my last option is to fab a set of pods up myself and figure out wher i want to put them and suggestions would be helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

That is very hard to read. Try editing it and put some punctuation in there and maybe break it up a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Wheeler

That is a tough read. So I think your asking about anyone selling kick panel setups. As someone who also has a ton of time and money into a jeep audio system, your at a point of diminishing returns.

Will the kick panel setup sound better that the current, factory dash locations? Probably. Is there someone selling kick panel setups? I don't think so (but I haven't looked for a couple of months). How come? Cause it really doesn't make that much of a difference in a jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-03-2015, 04:07 PM

holy shit. I was going to be a smart ass and edit his post, but I went cross-eyed about 3 lines in.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-03-2015, 05:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK JEEP View Post
OK IVE GOT SO MUCH MONEY IN THIS SOUND SYSTEM MIGHT AS WELL FINISH IT RIGHT?

LET me explain...

I put sky high car audio sound proofing material all over the inside floor plan and fire wall, etc., then I lined the sound bar and speaker pods with same damping material and on top of soundbar.

I didn't have the premium sound system so no factory amp and stuff. I've got the Kenwood exelon dnn991-hd with wifi; everyone gets impressed when i start streaming video off you tube lol.

In the sound bar I have a blues audio/liner power component set. Yes, i made a 1 inch hole next to woofer for tweeter.

Anyway I have that bi-amped with a kicker zr 240 on the tweets and a linear power 2.2 pushing them 6.5.

Now in the front ive got 2 of the kicker kst 1 inch silk dome tweeters and some old school 6.5 kicker freeair subwofers but the motor was too big to fit in that dash pod so i had to put an mdf spacer ring to make it work. It was behind the dash and no one was gonna see it anyway; what i didn't account for was with the extra length the speaker stuck out from the pod. The passenger side dash wouldn't quite fit over it right and so one side of the sub was rubbing the back side of the dash. I didn't notice it was doing that so, needless to say, a speaker has to move straight up and down or voice coil rub is what you get. So I ruined my old school hard to find freeair sub. Driver's side fit fine.

Oh yeah, I have a 10.4 cf sub box in the back with 2 kicker cvr 18 inch subs ported with a linear power 2250 on them, plus wire, fuse, etc., I have a pile of $$$ in it and now my radio sounds like ass with that dam coil rubbing.

So this is my problem: now i got all high sq stuff in there and want it all that way so i ran across a alpine spx 17 3 way component set (another 400) so i can take out the front kicker tweeters and put the alpines in. I can put the 6.5 in the dash and if i have to cut them pods open to make room for the motor ill just fiberglass over what i had to cut. Now what do i do with the 5.25 midrange? its all designed to work together; while I'm sure it will sound ok without it, it would sound wonderful with it. I was thinking maybe a kick panel speaker pod but i cant find anyone that makes one so I'm looking for ideas.

If i have to my last option is to fab a set of pods up myself and figure out where i want to put them.

Suggestions would be helpful.
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.

Last edited by nlgrav182; 12-03-2015 at 05:09 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Gib
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Dafuq?
You sir, are a saint. I don't think anyone else was going to be able to understand the poor guys post.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK JEEP View Post
OK suggestions would be helpful
do you have a habit of joining a forum and NOT introducing yourself first?

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #8 of 8 Old 12-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Thank you nlgrav182 for making that a tad more bearable to read....but F*CK my head still hurts after trying to make sense of that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode