Power Locks Issue (Already Searched Many Threads) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-30-2015, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
MCP
Wheeler

Power Locks Issue (Already Searched Many Threads)

Hey everyone. Before the forum police start crying, I have been searching high and low for weeks across google to find a solution to my exact problem regarding my power locks. Pick your poison, short story or long, any help is much appreciated.

Vehicle info: 2007 JKU

Short story: With both the key fob and both the driver's side and passenger's side door lock button, ALL the doors UNLOCK, but only the driver's side door will LOCK.

Long story: About 2 months ago I got a check engine code. Ran the code, said there was an output issue with my EGR valve. Cool, ordered a replacement. I never cleared the code or anything. The day the replacement part was delivered the code magically went away and has not returned. Shortly after the EGR valve code came up the power locks got funky. Not sure if its even remotely related. Anyway, all of the locks unlock properly with the key fob, the driver's side lock button, and the passenger's side door button. When I hit the lock button on all three previously mentioned locations, only the driver's side door will lock. I have to go around and manually lock the other three doors and tailgate. I checked both of the fuses for the driver's side door module and the passenger's side door module.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Wheeler

I don't know exactly how your rig is factory wired, so this is just a guess. That being said, this sounds like a bad relay. See if you can find a relay that controls the door locks. It should be located a short distance from the fuse on the wire coming off the door lock fuse (not the wire that runs to the battery). If you don't know how to test the relay with a meter; then simply replace it. See what happens. 2007s had the CanBus system, and you are experiencing only one of a multitude of potential electrical conflicts and the reason CJ got rid of it. Good luck!

6" FTLA w/HD TB & SS,
JKS spg rets., rr spg mnts.
37" BFG KM2, 17x9 MT clssc II, Blstn 5100,
Finishline West RB, LoD FB, SB XRC10
PP mod'fd boat sldrs, ARB rr DC's, TERA 44 frt xl hsg,
Sup'r CrMo xls, 5.13 R&P, Reel 1310 DS,
Kilby Evap, Bnchmrk KISS, B&M Trans culr,
sPOD; Aeroforce, FlashPac, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow relo,
Cobra 75, 4' Firestik, Woods Hood & TG holds
post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelorubi-EVA View Post
I don't know exactly how your rig is factory wired, so this is just a guess. That being said, this sounds like a bad relay. See if you can find a relay that controls the door locks. It should be located a short distance from the fuse on the wire coming off the door lock fuse (not the wire that runs to the battery). If you don't know how to test the relay with a meter; then simply replace it. See what happens. 2007s had the CanBus system, and you are experiencing only one of a multitude of potential electrical conflicts and the reason CJ got rid of it. Good luck!
The door lock relays are soldered to the pc board inside the TIPM,(fuse box).

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
MCP
Wheeler

Any way of posting a pic? I checked the fuses inside the fuse box in front of the battery. Not sure where the relay is.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Rock God

Not sure if this would be your solution , but a friends jeep had a similar issue not exact but close .
There is a connector in the console (under it) that is tied to the door locks , she had some corrosion on the terminals from a adult beverage spill months before .
It is a PIA to unplug and clean-up and to get plugged back in afterwards . But after all the time we spent finding it , it did solve the problem.
Good luck .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode