08 JKU doors wont lock - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-13-2015, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

08 JKU doors wont lock

Key fob and door switch will unlock doors, but nothing happens when I try to lock them. From the key fob the unlock still turns on the dome lights and the head lights. The keyless start still works, but still wont lock the doors. I checked the M38 fuse and it looks fine. Unhooked the battery and reconnected and the lock worked once then stopped again. Any ideas of what would be wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Wheeler

My 07 JKU started doing this and other crazy lock stuff. Didn't want to lock sometimes, or unlock other times. Some clicks of the remote would flash the turn signals but not unlock doors.
I disconnected the battery for 10 mins, and also put new batteries in the remote. Seems ok for now...

Jeep Green 07 Sahara 4dr,

"America wasn't founded so that we could all be better. America was founded so we could all be anything we damned well pleased.

-P. J. O'Rourke ."
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Rock God

Garage
Lightbulb Remote Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmschooljefe View Post
Key fob and door switch will unlock doors, but nothing happens when I try to lock them. From the key fob the unlock still turns on the dome lights and the head lights. The keyless start still works, but still wont lock the doors. I checked the M38 fuse and it looks fine. Unhooked the battery and reconnected and the lock worked once then stopped again. Any ideas of what would be wrong?
I also have a 2008 JKU. Try replacing the batteries in the remotes. I was having the problem that if I was at the house my jeep would keep unlocking the doors after I locked it. Turned out to be low batteries on the spare set of keys in the house.

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktuttle View Post
I also have a 2008 JKU. Try replacing the batteries in the remotes. I was having the problem that if I was at the house my jeep would keep unlocking the doors after I locked it. Turned out to be low batteries on the spare set of keys in the house.
Hmm. Interesting. Here's my new issue. A bad spare remote could explain part of this:

Electric Door Lock Issue (sudden onset)

Today I was driving, sitting at a red light, and suddenly I noticed the dash lit up as if I just put the key in. I wondered why, but saw nothing unusual... then when I got out AT HOME (and within range of the spare key) and went to lock the doors via the power door lock switch on my door, I got nothing. So I used the key fob. Nada. So I pulled the fuse and found it blown. ok, no problem, right? I put a new fuse in and it was sparking away as I tried to make a connection, then the horn beeped once and the fuse blew. (horn beeping could be from spare key fob trying to hit lock?)

hmmm.

So I disconnect both front doors to eliminate their switches as a potential short I put another fuse in. As soon as it makes contact it sparks so I didn't try any more. Clearly something is shorting. And because the horn blew before, I'm wondering if the alarm is somehow involved.
EDIT: Using the key fob does arm and disarm the alarm (lights flash, and the red alarm indicator blinks when armed. Everything else seems to be working fine.)

I'll bring it to the dealer since I have an extended warranty, but any suggestions here? Anyone experience this ever?

I just returned from a 350 mile day where the jeep performed flawlessly yesterday.

Adam
First Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #5 of 5 Old 03-12-2016, 04:32 AM
Rock God

Just noticed I never circled back and explained the problem: bad computer module. Dealer replaced and all better now.

Adam
First Jeep:

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode