LED Beam Pattern Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-2015, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

LED Beam Pattern Question

OK so i ran into some good money and deciding to invest wisely and put into my JKU

Doing Windshield lights - either 50 inch combo (Flood/Spot) or a multi light bracket - A pillar dual mount with square LED lights (2 on each side) - Bumper Led Bar

Question is what beam patterns should i put where, i am lost when it comes to this since i am new to night off roading and worried about wasting my money on the wrong pattern and the infamous HOOD GLARE!!!

Obviously if i do 50 inch bar its common sense to do the spot/flood combo so that i know

1) if i go multi light bracket on top of windshield should i go with Flood - Spot- Spot - Flood

2) A pillar should i go Driving or spot or flood - i know aiming these a certain way can reduce hood glare, but i need to know which pattern well get me best visibility on the trails and road

3) Bumper light was thinking i should go Spot if i do Floods on the A-pillar or is a spot down there stupid and wont do me much since i already having truck-life LED headlights

4) BONUS QUESTIONS FOR THOSE THAT KNOW OR LIVE IN NJ - What LED lights are ROAD LEGAL for the spots i mentioned above - already have truck lite head lights for the road but sometimes on those long roads with no lights and no cars to have some extra lights for deers is nice but don't want that random Police man to get me for the lights

Thank you for all info and advice - if you can think of a set up that is better then what i am thinking of please post it and let me know

Pictures of lights ON are always fun to look at to see what patterns look like in certain spots

Thank you
Dan

Last edited by The-Man-Dan; 11-01-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-01-2015, 09:50 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Man-Dan View Post
OK so i ran into some good money and deciding to invest wisely and put into my JKU

Doing Windshield lights - either 50 inch combo (Flood/Spot) or a multi light bracket - A pillar dual mount with square LED lights (2 on each side) - Bumper Led Bar

Thank you
Dan

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode