wiring question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

wiring question

Ok this may be a dumb question but here it goes...I decided to buy the Rugged Ridge light bar that runs above the windsheild with 5 Hella lights to go on it above the windsheild...I see the light bar comes with little holes where you run the wires from each light into the bar up there where the light mounts....How on earth do you do all the splicing and connections and shove them in the little holes OR do you do the splicing on the outside and leave it???

I'm assuming the lights themselves just have two tails on the back of them and have to be sliced...I'm an electician by trade but car wiring is a whole different ball game so don't laugh at me..

Anyone with some pictures or comments on how this will work let me know. Thanks....Remember if i'm not seeing something simple here don't make fun because someday you may want my help on somthing and you wouldn't want me to laugh at you would you??? Thanks.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Wheeler

Can you run individual wires through the bar. From the lights down to the end then splice them together. I would also use a relay.

Rescue green X unlimited
Skyjacker lift
33/12.5 mud country

unlimited is gone
but not the redrock 2 door
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-17-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Oh i'll be using relays but it's the splicing part that there must be a trick on...I can't believe that the splicing will have to go up by the lights on the outside of the tube???? plus I'm running 1 ground wire for all 5 lights and they will have to be spliced...I'm hoping someone has wired a light bar so I can see how they spliced all that wiring into the bar up by the lights..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode