KC Pro Sport LED Upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-19-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

KC Pro Sport LED Upgrade

I really like the KC Pro Sport Gravity LED lights and think they would look awesome on my bumper/grill guard combo but @ $400 for a pair plus install they are a pretty steep investment right before Christmas season. I have considered having 3 of the Halogen Pro Sports installed then later upgrading to the LED inserts. 3 of the halogens are less than $200 and the upgrades run $125 each. According to the spec the inserts are as bright as the Pro Sport Gravity LEDs. Has anyone here switched over their halogens to the LED inserts and how do you like them ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

They seem to be $189 everywhere I looked.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97025_045X_PG.htm

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
They seem to be $189 everywhere I looked.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97025_045X_PG.htm
Unless I am reading wrong, that link is for a single.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 10:25 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Unless I am reading wrong, that link is for a single.
You read correctly, son!

Quote:
Parts Included
>>1 LED Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Rock God

Garage

Why the hell would they do that? Who buys one light? Guess it's good if you break one from a set but that's just silly.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Why the hell would they do that? Who buys one light? Guess it's good if you break one from a set but that's just silly.
I've bought single lights before - "us weirdos" do exist.

I've broken and replaced individual lights, and I have a single BD XLR-Pro in the center of my front bumper.

It's plenty o' fookin' light for my needs and, for north of $300 each , I only wanted to buy one!

The manufacturers usually discount a pair compared to two singles (if they understand marketing, setup costs, incentives, etc.).

IMHO, for high-dollar lights, offering the option of la carte makes sense - it put an XL Pro on my rig.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #7 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Rock God

Garage

LOL, who were you quoting with the "us weirdos"? I never said anything about weirdos.

post #8 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
LOL, who were you quoting with the "us weirdos"? I never said anything about weirdos.
Sorry 'bout that. Based on this:
Quote:
Why the hell would they do that? Who buys one light? . . . that's just silly.
I assumed buying only one light was oddball enough to qualify for "weirdo" status in your book.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #9 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Wheeler

I have a set of 2 spot pattern brand new in the box I'd let go for cheaper than online if he's interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode