new CB and scanner mount - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom
new CB and scanner mount

I've had a single mount over the mirror for awhile, and been swapping back n forth between my Bearcat BC350C scanner and my CB on the same mount.
Finally decided to make a mount and hook 'em both up.
used one of these around the RH front bar...

added a piece of angle iron and came up with this...
Name:  cb mount1.jpg
Views: 6134
Size:  61.5 KB

ended up moving both of them up nice and high, I can actually see the whole mirror now - not that I can see anything in it other than spare tire, but its nice to have them tucked up and away.

Also added one of these for massive PA system fun - darn thing is so big, ended up mounting it over the rear axle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 03:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet setup, V!

/

post #3 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Rock God

Now that's a good idea. Have to remember this one.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Breaker Breaker good buddy

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 09:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Get on the PA and yell at people to get of your way.. MAD JEEPER COMING THROUGH!!!!

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Rock God

I hope you stay clear of the deep water. That horn would be KO'd in short order on my jeep. Nice mount though.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Rock God

This is what i want to use to mount my CB. I will make it fit either on the first or second compartment. I will be able to just make it work so it will be out of sight when not in use.
Attached Images

JKOutcast Member
post #8 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10kingsnake View Post
I hope you stay clear of the deep water. That horn would be KO'd in short order on my jeep. Nice mount though.
its a waterproof horn for mounting outside so it should be ok when it gets dunked - my snorkel aint for looks!
It's mounted so it will drain water out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYSUPER View Post
This is what i want to use to mount my CB. I will make it fit either on the first or second compartment. I will be able to just make it work so it will be out of sight when not in use.
yeah but it don't do much to shore up the roll cage
I just added molle covers to my RH section so I'm getting some storage out of it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Rock God

Got you, i just don't need a roll cage for what i do. I will if i get to move to Cali or Colorado.

JKOutcast Member
post #10 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Granite Guru

Nice! Real nice, sir! Perfect fit between the sun visors...

post #11 of 14 Old 06-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I've had a single mount over the mirror for awhile, and been swapping back n forth between my Bearcat BC350C scanner and my CB on the same mount.
Finally decided to make a mount and hook 'em both up.
used one of these around the RH front bar...

added a piece of angle iron and came up with this...
Attachment 19526

ended up moving both of them up nice and high, I can actually see the whole mirror now - not that I can see anything in it other than spare tire, but its nice to have them tucked up and away.

Also added one of these for massive PA system fun - darn thing is so big, ended up mounting it over the rear axle.
I wish I could see the mount better, I am really wanting to do this but can't figure out a mount for the foothold. I am thinking about just screwing into the plactic shrould above the mirror. I have a full size CB but I think it would work.
post #12 of 14 Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Rock God

I screwed through the plastic into the metal on the windshield frame using some self-drilling screws. Works like a charm, and I'm running a full size CB

If you're gonna be fucking weird, own it.

~SoCo
______
post #13 of 14 Old 06-10-2010, 09:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

GENIOUS

i couldnt find a gif of the guinness commercial

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #14 of 14 Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet setup!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode