Replaced switch, now codes U0125 & U1003 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-12-2015, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Replaced switch, now codes U0125 & U1003

I replaced a simple switch for my pillar lights in the dash. Found a switch (maybe I forgot about) down low on the lowest panel under the steering wheel, right where my right shin would be (great place for a switch, right?). Pulled the panel, saw that the wires go into the bundle going into the center console. Don't have the time to chase them, so I replace the panel.
Start the Jeep to move it, and now I have the ABS, ESP, BAS, and Stability control. Codes are U0125 "LOST COMMUNICATION W/ DYNAMICS SENSOR and Code U1003 ESP CAN CBUS PERFORMANCE. Programmer will not clear the codes.
I've read some people have replaced a wheel speed sensor for U0125, but I think this is electrical related. Any thoughts?

I was just starting to like the Jeep again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Sounds like the switch might have been an ESC/ABS "workaround".

Splicing in a switch into the motion sensor box in the center console will disable the ABS and ESC. I've been looking to do this to my '13, cause the steering wheel dance does not work to disable the ESC/ABS/computer assisted crap.

It seems as if in messing with it you managed to leave the circuit open, cutting the jeeps' communication with the motion sensor box.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #3 of 4 Old 09-13-2015, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the input!
The switch for the lights was almost just an unplug/plug and play thing, so I don't believe that is the culprit.
But I think your right that this "hidden" switch is the issue, or the fact that I was reaching under there to follow the wires and may have pulled something loose. But if it is actually a "workaround" for the ESP/ABS, I wonder why the switch wouldn't just turn it back on?
I can turn a wrench, but electrical issues intimidate the hell out of me, but I'll get a chance to dig into it more today. Hopefully I get lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-15-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks Guruman! The switch I found was an ABS ESC "workaround". I've learned that the codes or dash lights stay on until you drive the vehicle.
All good now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode