2008 JKUR "NOBUS" lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-09-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2008 JKUR "NOBUS" lights

I have researched this extensively with no definitive answers.
My symptoms:
jeeps runs fine, starts fine. Randomly all the dash lights will light up(seems to happen more when I hit a bump). It will ding, wipers will cycle a few times, radio cuts off, gauges all drop to zero, headlights flash, gas gauge goes to empty, and "NO BUS" comes across the mileage screen. It will do this a few times then everything is back to normal - until it does it again very randomly.
It does all this and jeep never loses power or shuts down.

Does this sound like a battery/ground, clockspring, multifunction switch, or TIPM issue?? Or possibly something else.

Also I should say that this jeep was in a wreck and both front airbags were deployed, with that said my airbag light is on all the time, as well as the ESP/BAS and traction control lights. Working on getting those up to spec with the help of this forum!

Any ideas or info is appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-09-2015, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i forgot to mention that the cruise control and windshield wiper sprayers do not work either....
post #3 of 7 Old 09-09-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

[QUOTE=matt074;3535466]i forgot to mention that the cruise control and windshield wiper sprayers do not work either. and the horn does work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

Sounds like the tipm. You could disco the battery and look for a loose harness connection going to it.
You could also ask a dealer to diagnose
post #5 of 7 Old 09-09-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i did have a shop run the codes and got multiple C (chassis), B, (body) & U (communication) codes (maybe i can try and post the print out they gave me if it helps)

i aso tracked down one of the ground straps that attahes to the hood and it was unhooked...i will hook this up and report back....could that strap being disconneted cause all these issues??

codes
post #6 of 7 Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Rock God

Garage

Every diagram I have seen shows the ground strap to be a hood/ground plane.
I have the totl innovation hood and havent had mine connected for a year...although i am having a tipm issue.. but it should not be related.

Last edited by coilrod; 09-09-2015 at 11:17 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-21-2016, 11:14 PM

I have the same issue and it has been driving me nuts. 2 dealers are clueless no other repair shop is any better.
In have a 2010.

I discovered that when the lights and wipers are in this cycle that if I hit the top of the dash just above the radio cluster that the issue stops at least for a period of time.
I have an after market Alpine Radio installed by a reputable stereo shop. However I removed the radio check and checked all connections and re installed the unit. Thus far the issues has not re occurred. I will continue to monitor. I suspect there was a connection issue causing a short or surge from the Radio modul.

I hope this is the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode