How to install a MyGig in a non MyGig Jeep?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

How to install a MyGig in a non MyGig Jeep??

Ok so I bought a MyGig head unit and my current stereo is the stock one, single CD player with Sirius. What do I need to install the MyGig? Is it plug and play or is there something I need to get to add to it?
Thanks!

2007 JK, 4.5" RE LA kit, ATLAS4spd, ARB rear w/ Superiors, Rubi front w/RCV axles, 5.38's, 40" KM2's, 18x10 Raceline Beadlocks, 1"BL, Poly Rockers, RR corners, PS fenders, etc...the list goes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Wheeler

that im not 100 % i would think that the pin outs on the radio might be different that the mygig let me see if i can check i am a member on a website that has an online service manual. i would try and take it out and see if the plugs are the same. i know you are going to need some sort of brain for the GPS i would think unless it gets it from the same as the Sirius radio receiver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 4dr Silver 3in TF,custom tail lights,front cage pro comp on 35km2'sOn board Air system,rock rails,TB spacer,bed line interior,painted gauge cluster+dash,tuffy drop in console,CB,adj front track bar,front axle gussets,orfab rbumper,oly4x4front with custom stinger bar, mile marker winch,synthetic line, IPF headlights, AEV snorkel, wet oakle seat covers..2 much 2 list
post #3 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Wheeler

here is the wiring diagram from the mygig. see if it matches up with what you have. hope this helps sorry the pics are chopped up they would not fit on one screen and im not allowed to copy the whole thing if you want PM me and i can e-mail you a copy if you need.

Here is the GPS circuit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 4dr Silver 3in TF,custom tail lights,front cage pro comp on 35km2'sOn board Air system,rock rails,TB spacer,bed line interior,painted gauge cluster+dash,tuffy drop in console,CB,adj front track bar,front axle gussets,orfab rbumper,oly4x4front with custom stinger bar, mile marker winch,synthetic line, IPF headlights, AEV snorkel, wet oakle seat covers..2 much 2 list

Last edited by petzl; 05-06-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Wheeler

Talking Plug and Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTAR View Post
Ok so I bought a MyGig head unit and my current stereo is the stock one, single CD player with Sirius. What do I need to install the MyGig? Is it plug and play or is there something I need to get to add to it?
Thanks!
Forget all the schematics, it's plug and play

if you bought an RER (navigation equipped) MyGig then you will need to buy the GPS antenna. If you bought an REN (non-nav) then you are good to go with the sat antenna already installed in your Jeep.

I did the same thing as you. It takes 10 minutes to swap them out.

post #5 of 13 Old 05-13-2010, 04:57 AM
Wheeler

Where did you get your radio? How much did you have to pay?
post #6 of 13 Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpres62 View Post
I have one for sell for $1000 shipped w/nav

Last edited by Imkunfused; 05-15-2010 at 10:20 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpres62 View Post
Look on ebay you can get one for like $500 w/o nav.

2011 Rubicon-2 door- 35" Trail Grappler-2.5" tera flex-Stubby Schrockworks-20" led bar
post #8 of 13 Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Wheeler

ok i have just bought a US version of the MyGig unit - had it reprogrammed in Sweden to Euro Standards - shipped it to Germany - installed it myself (fu**** easy) and it works just perfect !!!!!!

Details:

MYGIG 2009, High-Speed,
MOPAR style microphone
GPS-Antenna
SONY CCD Camera with Mirror picture and butterfly mount.
Nav2Go Lockpick

2010 Wrangler Sahara stock in british racing green
Don't torture yourzelf, zhat's my job !

post #9 of 13 Old 05-19-2010, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Cool thanks everyone for the responses!

2007 JK, 4.5" RE LA kit, ATLAS4spd, ARB rear w/ Superiors, Rubi front w/RCV axles, 5.38's, 40" KM2's, 18x10 Raceline Beadlocks, 1"BL, Poly Rockers, RR corners, PS fenders, etc...the list goes on.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Wheeler

cheers

2010 Wrangler Sahara stock in british racing green
Don't torture yourzelf, zhat's my job !

post #11 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
JKO Addict!

YouTube - MYGIG LOCKPICK JK WRANGLER RUBICON

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #12 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

Make sure you get High Speed CAN-Bus MyGIG

the low speed mygigs will not work

my jk is a 2007 and came with the regular cd/sirius. it now has a 2009 mygig RER in it. plug 'n play

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #13 of 13 Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM

I did the same think a bought a RER mygig and hade it converted to European at www.carperformance.se and the installed in the car and it works perfect these guys are awsone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in