No fog lights to fogs, what would you do - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-06-2015, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

No fog lights to fogs, what would you do

Alright..my 07 x has never had them... I got a freebie rubicon bumper to replace my trashed one, I need to stubby it and get some lighting.. Budget minded (with in reason) what lighting would you put in the holes. I need everything down to the switch, I'm happy to run these manually through their own switch so I can do with or with out headlights,hi/lo. Also I'm thinking Amber since for some reason I recall seeing the amber is better with snow,fog, shit weather in general but that is likely not the case so I'll listen to you guys.... I through about hacking it and running a light bar centered in their too...it's a free bumper so I'm fine with getting creative if I get the direction!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-06-2015, 02:32 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Bang for the buck, the Morimoto Type M LED Fogs are the way to go. 170 bucks for a set, direct bolt in, and can be wired without the factory harness because there is a 9006 plug on it which is pretty universal.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.Veyiuinn_qA

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2015, 02:12 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

There are companies that make a bracket to secure any LED pod to the fog lights. I have a set of rigid D2s in mine and use them as my high beams.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2015, 04:25 AM
Granite Guru

The real best bang for the buck (only $40 for the pair) is to buy factory take off fogs from Rubitux.

http://www.rubitrux.com/jeep-take-off-lighting.html
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I saw the bracket options and figured that is the likely route with some d2s or knockoffs...now how about idiot proof wiring and switches..I would rather throw a switch in one of the empty slots by the esc kill button if I find one...eventually locker switches will take the remaining 2 slots
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Wheeler

Amazon sells an idiot proof wiring kit for under $20.... comes with switches, fuses, relays, connectors and a bunch of wire all pre connected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode