Wiring ORO License plate Light with Poison Spyder Tranp Stamp? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-01-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wiring ORO License plate Light with Poison Spyder Tranp Stamp?

How is this done? Is there a write up? I've looked and not found a thread that explains how to get it wired with it being hidden behind the poison Spyder tramp stamp, thanks in advance

'12 JKU Rubicon | RK 2.5" Stock Mod w/ .5" TeraFlex Spacers | Bilsteins 5100s | 4.10s | AEV Pintlers | 35x12.5R17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs | Rancho Drop Brackets | Superchips FlashPAQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWFJ View Post
How is this done? Is there a write up? I've looked and not found a thread that explains how to get it wired with it being hidden behind the poison Spyder tramp stamp, thanks in advance

you did not sleep during the lessons the master was teaching during Google-Fu class, did you? If you simply google your subject of this thread you can find this link under the 'videos' header criteria, mate!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-03-2015, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Still don't see it, I see a video about a poison Spyder led harness and tramp stamp installation video, I don't need to know how to install a tramp stamp just a wiring diagram to install the ORO PlateLite and hookup the actual license plate and 3rd brake light

'12 JKU Rubicon | RK 2.5" Stock Mod w/ .5" TeraFlex Spacers | Bilsteins 5100s | 4.10s | AEV Pintlers | 35x12.5R17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs | Rancho Drop Brackets | Superchips FlashPAQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-03-2015, 06:05 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I can probably did up some pics or go pull off some panels to show you..

I do recall it being a bit of a fishing expedition because I wanted it completely hidden. I drilled a hole in the tailgate for the wire just behind the tag light, which puts the wire in between the two panels. I was able to fish it out after removing the plastic panel on the inside, guided it through the sleeve near the hinge and wired it up.

Super neat and you cant even see the wire

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #5 of 8 Old 09-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Granite Guru

I ran my wires through the vent into the tailgate. The license plate light I wired in behind the sub panel. The brake light I tapped in to the right rear brake light wiring. Was a pretty easy job. Good luck
post #6 of 8 Old 09-04-2015, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm fine with fishing it through the vent hole, I just don't know which wires I tap the 3 wires on the ORO PlateLite, you can't use the wires that run behind the long rectangular black pane on the tailgate?

post #7 of 8 Old 09-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Granite Guru

I didn't take any pics, see if this helps: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72496
post #8 of 8 Old 09-04-2015, 12:40 PM
pvanfab.com

JK- adding led 3rd brake light/ license plate to spare tire location
Use the 2 wires from existing 3rd brake light plus you will need to run 1 wire either thru the tailgate or under right rear to the right rear taillight
Factory white/yellow tracer is brake light positive- ORO red wire
Factory black wire is ground- ORO black wire
New wire to taillight white/purple tracer is parking light- ORO green wire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode