NAV/CD/DVD/SAT/HD Radio Systems for JK's? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

NAV/CD/DVD/SAT/HD Radio Systems for JK's?

Hi All, I don't keep up on this kind of stuff enough to know what the latest and greatest is and I figured I'd ask the pro's.

I'm in the market for a NAV/CD/DVD/SAT/HD Radio system for my '07 X. I was originally going to purchase the Kenwwod DNX6160 unit until I learned that you cannot run the High Def Radio and Satellite system at the same time unless you run one through the ipod port. It's a bummer because I've always been a Kenwood guy and would rather go that route but this design flaw is just unacceptable to me.

My question is this- What other NAV/CD/DVD/SAT/HD Radio systems are out there that we can get for our Jeeps? I'm looking for the complete package (NAV/CD/DVD/SAT & HD Radio) and something that is high quality and can handle the rigors of offroading. Also what are all the parts I will need and where's a good place to buy these online?

I apologize if this topic has been covered already, I just don't have the time to weed through a bunch of posts right now.

Thanks for any information
Del
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

have you considered the MyGig that comes with the Jeep as an option? your choices are:
Alpine
Pioneer
Kenwood (they make a bunch of models)
Clarion
Ebay or Crutchfields are good places to purchase.
The Mygig has features disabled by jeep at the factory. you would need to also purchase an enabling device, either NavTv AllGig USB or Lockpick. The Mygig RER model comes with a 386W Infinity 7 speaker system with subwoofer. I have this system with the Allgig USB. sounds damn good to me. the Allgig is updatable thru a USB connection, don't believe the Lockpick is. For more info on the MyGig go to: http://mofv.com/MyGIG/

good luck.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Rock God

I looked at the one by pioneer. SICK

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode