Electrical Connector Type for Vacuum Pump - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Electrical Connector Type for Vacuum Pump

All,
I'm in the process of changing the front bumper out on my '15 JK and I'm probably going to relocate the vacuum pump. My question is this: Instead of cutting and splicing the 2 wires going to the pump, does anyone know what kind of connectors are used so I can make up an extension (thereby leaving the harness as stock)? This may seem like overkill, but I'd like to have it as an option. Not crazy about cutting stock harnesses...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Granite Guru

I'm the same way -- I'd rather spend some time finding the correct connector and make my own harness.

If you can post some pics of the connector (front, back, top and bottom), as well as any markings that are on it, I may be able to track down who it's made by and the series.

Chase

2013 Billet Silver JKU Sport S, 6-Speed, TF Leveling Kit, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, 285/70R17 Firestone Destination M/Ts on OEM Sport wheels.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

<<UPDATE>>

Pump: Hella UP28

Connector on pump (female): Yazaki # 7283-5575-10
Terminal (pin) for connector: Yazaki # 7116-4152-02 (14AWG)

Connector on harness (male): Yazaki # 7282-5575-10
Terminal (pin) for connector: Yazaki # 7114-4152-02 (14AWG)

Wire seal (2 required ea. con.): Yazaki # 7158-3113-40
Clip / YESC ( ?? ) Yazaki # 7147-5838-30

Haven't found any good pictures of the connectors yet...

Last edited by dandapice; 07-28-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

<<UPDATE>>

If anyone is still following this thread and is still interested:

Got the quote from the distributor. Yeah, that's a non-starter. They quoted me for over $1K for the parts and crimp tool. I got in touch with the dealer and they sell a "repair" kit for the male connector (the one attached to the harness) for $39. As far as getting a female connector, seeing as it's attached to the pump (hard wired) they say I'd have to get another pump and use the harness off that. The trick now is to find a failed pump with a good harness. This may seem like a lot of effort when one could simply cut the harness and call it a day, but what if one wanted to keep things stock? That would be a rhetorical question...LOL. Anyway, if I hunt down a bad pump with a good harness, I'll update this thread. Still haven't found any good pictures of the connectors, but still looking just the same...
post #5 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 04:05 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandapice View Post
<<UPDATE>>

If anyone is still following this thread and is still interested:

Got the quote from the distributor. Yeah, that's a non-starter. They quoted me for over $1K for the parts and crimp tool. I got in touch with the dealer and they sell a "repair" kit for the male connector (the one attached to the harness) for $39. As far as getting a female connector, seeing as it's attached to the pump (hard wired) they say I'd have to get another pump and use the harness off that. The trick now is to find a failed pump with a good harness. This may seem like a lot of effort when one could simply cut the harness and call it a day, but what if one wanted to keep things stock? That would be a rhetorical question...LOL. Anyway, if I hunt down a bad pump with a good harness, I'll update this thread. Still haven't found any good pictures of the connectors, but still looking just the same...
Was the price mostly for the crimp tool? I bet you could make something work (solder, maybe) without the tool.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

That was the biggest part. The next big one was a "roll" of the connector clips. They wouldn't do just 2. Needed to be ordered in bulk. Typical of a distributor. I tried contacting Hella to see if they'll sell the wiring portion of the pump (as if that will fly...LOL). I'll update once I hear from them, or find a used / broken pump that I can salvage...
post #7 of 7 Old 08-03-2015, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

<<UPDATE>>

Well, installed the bumper this weekend. Didn't need to relocate the vacuum pump at all, seeing as the relocation kit wasn't included with the bumper. So for a 2015 and a Rugged Ridge XHD non-winch, you don't need to relocate the pump. Sorry if this response if kind of off topic. I guess we can consider this thread closed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode