Of these two headlight options, which would you suggest? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Of these two headlight options, which would you suggest?

I have decided to recently upgrade the [email protected] OEM headlights/housings with H13 to H4 Delta Xenon 1148-50XS headlights . I was accidentally sent the Delta LED2 model ( with no pulse width modulator capacitor or anything except the pigtails) for JKs .
Before I send them back I wanted opinions on the LEDs versus the H4 Xenon lights; is the LED - even tho its more expensive by a bunch ( $120 Xenon versus $350 for LED) would I be stupid for changing to the Xenons and should keep the LEDs or am I gonna have flicker and cruddy light output?
thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If it were me, I'd see if ou can buy the modulators. LED's are pretty much always going to have better light output over Xenon bulbs. The only thing really better than LED, though, is true HID Bi-Xenon Projectors. Lots of light output, focused beam pattern....I've been running mine for about 3 years now with no complaints.

But between the two you mentioned....try to get the modulators and stick with LEDs.

Choose your friends & choose your enemies. But choose wisely.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

'preciate the advice. Will look into it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 07:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you really want a great set of lights.....look into HID Projectors. HIDProjectors.com is a vendor here and makes custom lights for Jeeps, etc. Granted, they're not as budget-friendly as your other two options, but I see headlights as a safety item and can definitely justify the money spent on them. Just my opinion of course, but I doubt you'd regret spending the money on them. Check out the sight and shoot Tom an email if you have questions.

Choose your friends & choose your enemies. But choose wisely.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 03:42 PM
JKowners Vendor

I'll second that. Or go to the retrofit resource and retro fit a par of hid projectors into the stock housing. Cost 320 total with correct harness with capacitor, relays and etc. I did this a few months back on my jk and turned out great. Also there are some write ups just search them. If you need part numbers send me a pm. The lighting at night is amazing with the hids.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

thnks, guys. yes, im familiar w/ HIDs but am on a budget after equipping both of my Jeeps w/ new big rubber and wheels ( 10 tires and ten wheels=$$$!) but I went w/ a temp improvement of the h4 conversion deltas w/ some PIAA H4 bulbs and they are better than stock for under $120 ..... they'll do for now.....

post #7 of 7 Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 AM
Granite Guru

Morimoto Sealed 7s from The Retrofit Source are another great option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode