Installing a Viper (DEI) Alarm - Questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Installing a Viper (DEI) Alarm - Questions

I want to buy a Viper 1002 alarm for my JK and install it. It only comes with an operators guide and not an installation guide.

Does anyone have an install guide or has installed one of these?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I want to buy a Viper 1002 alarm for my JK and install it. It only comes with an operators guide and not an installation guide.

Does anyone have an install guide or has installed one of these?
nope, but call the number on page 47 and they will help you

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua..._11-06post.pdf
post #3 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
nope, but call the number on page 47 and they will help you

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua..._11-06post.pdf
Good idea, thanks.

They advertise their alarms as only being installed by authorized DEI trained shops. The last thing I want is some jackass messing with the wiring or anything in my Jeep. I'll see what they say.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Found a dealer on eBay that sells it for $169 and they include the tech sheet for any specific car. Looks like I'm good to go.

, Granite,
post #5 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Be careful when installing any alarms into the Jeep. The alarm will need specific modules, parts and resistors added to interface with the Chryslers CANbus system. If not done correctly, a lot can go wrong.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #6 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 08:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

You need pretty much the following then go to the12v.com

Any recent ('09-) Directed Electronics Alarm that includes D2D (Data to Data) Communication EG- Viper 5801/Viper 5901

Now use google shopping to locate the following
"CHALL"- This box takes care of Remote Start/Power Locks/Parking Light Flash/Unlock Illumination and Door Triggers!!

"CHTH2" This cable interfaces into your ignition cylinder and the "CHALL" using Molex connectors so your WARRANTY STAYS INTACT!!

This method is the most foolproof way to install a remote start without soldering into your CANbus wires or loosing a key.

I just felt people were wiring directly into their power lock actuators/door triggers/MUX wires/CANbus wires which in the area I specialize in I know things go SPARKY SPARKY and Warrantys go Voidy Voidy especially when your tapping into wires that arent always + and-

Oh and yeah it's a copy and steal cause I didn't feel like typing all the details out on my phone so this was quicker and needs to be done to and alarm sticky.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post

Any recent ('09-) Directed Electronics Alarm that includes D2D (Data to Data) Communication EG- Viper 5801/Viper 5901

"CHALL"- This box takes care of Remote Start/Power Locks/Parking Light Flash/Unlock Illumination and Door Triggers!!

"CHTH2" This cable interfaces into your ignition cylinder and the "CHALL" using Molex connectors so your WARRANTY STAYS INTACT!!

This method is the most foolproof way to install a remote start without soldering into your CANbus wires or loosing a key.

I just felt people were wiring directly into their power lock actuators/door triggers/MUX wires/CANbus wires which in the area I specialize in I know things go SPARKY SPARKY and Warrantys go Voidy Voidy especially when your tapping into wires that arent always + and-

Oh and yeah it's a copy and steal cause I didn't feel like typing all the details out on my phone so this was quicker and needs to be done to and alarm sticky.
Thanks! There is a CANbus module that DEI offers as well. But since I don't have electric locks (half doors), I just want the alarm.

, Granite,
post #8 of 14 Old 04-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Granite Guru

if you're not doing power windows or door locks,remote start or starter disable it's not hard at all my auto page install was cake
post #9 of 14 Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Wheeler

I just bought a 2 way Python Responder 460 (3305P) to self install in my Half Door JK (no power windows/locks). It was essentially the same as the Viper (3305V) but I found it online for $40 less.

Regarding wiring, the alarm came with wiring instructions for the brains. JK specific wire locations are easily found online.

I'm tapping into the following linies

+ Light Flash Output, White/Purple (Passenger Side Kick Panel)
- Instant Trigger Inut, Hood Pin Wire
+ Door Trigger Input, White/Yellow(Passenger Side Kick Panel)
- Chassis Ground, Unswitched Cigarette Lighter Ground
+ Switched Ignition, Switched Cigarette Lighter Wire
+ Siren, Siren Wire
+ Constant Powerm Unwwitched Cigarette Lighter Wire

Dual Zone Proximity Sensor (508D) plugged into brain.

Only 5 wires to tap into at easy locations.

Save yourself some money and buy the Python and install it yourself

2009 Wrangler X Flame Red, 6 spd manual, 3.73 Axle Ratio, Trac-Lok LSD, 23S, Half Doors, Shrockworks Rock Sliders
post #10 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat_53711 View Post
I just bought a 2 way Python Responder 460 (3305P) to self install in my Half Door JK (no power windows/locks). It was essentially the same as the Viper (3305V) but I found it online for $40 less.

Regarding wiring, the alarm came with wiring instructions for the brains. JK specific wire locations are easily found online.

+ Siren, Siren Wire

Thanks man, looking online for it now.

, Granite,
post #11 of 14 Old 05-08-2010, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat_53711 View Post

+ Siren, Siren Wire

I was test installing the alarm today. I'm having problems with the door trigger. The white/yellow wire connected to the Violet wire doesn't active the alarm when a door is opened.

Were you able to find a single door trigger?

, Granite,
post #12 of 14 Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I was test installing the alarm today. I'm having problems with the door trigger. The white/yellow wire connected to the Violet wire doesn't active the alarm when a door is opened.

Were you able to find a single door trigger?
I found the right wire. The wiring directions in the post are wrong. That same wiring direction is on several forums. It says white/yellow wire which means WHITE wire with a YELLOW trace. Well, it should be yellow/white wire that is used for the door trigger.

Now that I know everything works, I'll install the alarm tomorrow.

, Granite,
post #13 of 14 Old 05-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post

bringing back an old post. Ive done the above and gotten the alarm and door locks to work but cant get the remote start to work.. I cant get the viper into program mode to switch it from Manual to automatic transmission mode. Anyone have any guidance on how i might do that.. Ive tried the instructions already (door open, ignition on, off, hold control button) but that doesnt let me into the program function. Anyone have any guidance?
post #14 of 14 Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedude71 View Post
bringing back an old post. Ive done the above and gotten the alarm and door locks to work but cant get the remote start to work.. I cant get the viper into program mode to switch it from Manual to automatic transmission mode. Anyone have any guidance on how i might do that.. Ive tried the instructions already (door open, ignition on, off, hold control button) but that doesnt let me into the program function. Anyone have any guidance?
For those seatching for resolution to their problem: The viper was not sensing the ignition switch was in the run position. Needed a wire run from the large pink wire (ignition in/out) to the pink with white stripe wire under the steering column. I diode isolated it for good measure, but not sure if thats completely necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode