JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 high beam problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-12-2015, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 high beam problem

Default JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 problem
First, I drive a 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited. With stock headlights, both low and high beams worked, without fail. I just put in the JW Speaker Evolution 2 headlights. I used the JW Speaker anti-flicker harness on each headlight. Low beams worke fine, but high beam did not work on the passenger side. I switched lights, but not harnesses, and the problem persisted, no high beam on the passenger side. I thought the harness was bad, so I returned it to the vendor. I received a new harness, and upon installation, the problem persisted, no high beams on the passenger side. This time I started the engine, and the high beam worked with the engine running! I shut off the engine with high beams on, and they both stayed on. I thought I had the problem solved, a minor low voltage problem with the engine off. Then, later that same day, I got in the Jeep,to,go,to dinner, only to find that again the passenger side doesn't work on high beam. Then, after switching between low and high beam a couple of times, no high beams at all! Driving home, I tried again, and the drivers side had high beam, but the passenger side didn't.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone shed some light on this problem? again, with stock headlights, low and high beams work. With the JW Speaker headlights, I have both low beams, but high beams don't work regularly.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Granite Guru

Make sure the connections are nice and tight and use a zip tie to secure them as well. Put some die electrical grease on the connections too.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2015, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

As it turns out, the problem was a bad body control module. Once that was replaced, the problem disappeared completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-11-2015, 04:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've had to completely replace the plug on the jeep and the plug on the light. I couldn't get a good connection, tired taping it together. I replaced them with a 3 wire Deutsch Connectors.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode