M416 Comm Box Ideas - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-19-2010, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
M416 Comm Box Ideas

Ok gang, I'm here to pick the brains of you electronics gurus that I know we have here. By now most of you know I've been building a M416 based Expo Trailer well I'm now ready to start in on the built-in electronics to be on the trailer and I would like to get some feedback and advice on how to best address this part of the build.

Here is my idea; Take a Pelican 1600 case and have it house the following components in a waterproof/dust proof enclosure:
1600 Case
Interior Dimensions:
21.43" x 16.50" x 7.87" (54.4 x 41.9 x 20 cm)
  • AM/FM Radio for camp tunes
  • Weather Radio for up to date alerts and news
  • CB for base camp communication
  • 750 watt min inverter with at least 3 outlets (400 watt pure sine will be installed in JK)
  • min 4 switches for internal lighting and lid actuator
  • battery charger and/or isolator controls for a dual battery arrangement
  • 2 12volt outlets

Originally I was planning on using standard components and simply modify them to fit into the case and then overlay them all with a finished faceplate. However in doing some additional searching and surfing here are a few of the key devices I'm thinking of using.
  • JHD910
    Jensen Heavy Duty
    Waterproof Mini AM/FM/WB Stereo with Audio Aux-in

• 75 WX ST Compact/Remote Mount CB Radio with SoundTracker® and NOAA Weather
  • Switches and Battery controls from 12volt guy or SPod

Now originally I wasn't going to go with the Cobra 75, but its compact size and "component" style is more suited for this than the Compact Cobra 19 since the case only has about 7" of interior depth. This is also what lead me away from using a standard AM/FM head unit and opting for this Jensen unit.

So again, if any of you have some ideas or experience with similar units, I would love to hear about them and get some links to review them. Oh, and yes I've considered a Sat radio also, but don't really want the subscription fee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode