Lock pick? "mygig"? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Lock pick? "mygig"?

What is the lock pick for mygig? What does it do? And why doesnt my factory unit work with my iphone through the usb port on the deck? Shouldnt i be able to access my library through my stock unit?

TERAFLEX 3"
BFG KM2 35"
Flowmaster 44
LoD Stubby Front Bumper
S-Pod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

It is a add on device to unlock features of the mygig. use the search tool it is your friend. and you might want to ask a mod to move this to the electrical tech section
post #3 of 9 Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxcobaltrubi View Post
What is the lock pick for mygig? What does it do? And why doesnt my factory unit work with my iphone through the usb port on the deck? Shouldnt i be able to access my library through my stock unit?
A Lockpick is a third-party accessory you plug in to the back of a MyGig radio to enable features such as navigation entry via touchscreen and video playback while in motion, as well as add inexpensive backup, front and/or rear-seat cameras (or anywhere you want to point them) and rear-seat entertainment screens (overhead or headrest). I put a Lockpick on my MyGig and added a backup camera, and plan on putting an overhead or headrest monitor in later. I'm also thinking of putting a front camera on to give me a view of my path when rock crawling.

Your MyGig factory radio can't play music off your iPod via the front USB port because the MyGig will only access storage devices via that port, and the iPod doesn't provide access to its music files using USB storage drivers. Of course it would be reasonably simple for Jeep to add that capability to the MyGig, as many other car audio manufacturers have done. Instead, depending on your MyGig version, you need to order a cable from Jeep, or a UConnect module + different cable. I have the MyGig with navigation (RER) and only needed the cable.

I'm a JKO Reject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

You need to add I pod interface control module...Call Travis at AP 480-556-7483 he knows what you need...I am not 100% if this is everything you need? If you want the Uconnect to work buy the $30 Mic from Loc pic and plus er in the back your software just needs to be activated which is simple.

Quote:

iPod® Integration Harnesses

Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable located in the glove box or center console and you`re ready to go. iPod integration means you can navigate your iPod through your radio controls. With this simple ""plug and play"" hook up, your iPod stays securely attached, out of view and continually charging.

iPod integration harness. For usage with Vehicles with RER Radios Only

Fits: Wrangler
w/RER

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps

Last edited by jdemonto; 05-15-2010 at 09:40 AM.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Wheeler

What are the UConnect microphone options for NON-MYGIG units (230 or 130 Radio)?

My 230 radio has a button for UConnect and Voice Command but the link below says this mic is only for MYGIG nav units.

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm
post #6 of 9 Old 06-24-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeglock View Post
It is a add on device to unlock features of the mygig. use the search tool it is your friend. and you might want to ask a mod to move this to the electrical tech section
What is RER in navigation?
post #7 of 9 Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Carolina View Post
What are the UConnect microphone options for NON-MYGIG units (230 or 130 Radio)?

My 230 radio has a button for UConnect and Voice Command but the link below says this mic is only for MYGIG nav units.

hands-free phone

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

Last edited by maverick; 06-24-2010 at 06:36 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
JKO Addict!

from http://mofv.com/MyGIG/

Q: How do I tell which type of MyGIG Radio I have?
A: Look on the lower right hand side of your radio. It will say RER,REN,etc..

The radio types are as follows:
RER is the US Navigation radio w/internal VR and U-Connect
REW is the European Navigation Radio w/internal VR and U-Connect (VR & UConnect not equipped in MY07 European vehicles)
REP is the Rest of the World Navigation Radio w/internal VR and U-Connect
REN is the US non-Navigation w/o internal VR or UConnect
REZ is the European non-Navigation Radio w/o internal VR or UConnect
REU is a MyGIG variant for the Chrysler Journey vehicle only. It has an external display and an internal 6 disc DVD changer. There is no touch screen, rather a joy stick for user HMI.
Note: Wranglers are currently only available with UConnect or Voice Recognition disabled, because there is a degraded performance concern in the Wrangler environment.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #9 of 9 Old 06-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Carolina View Post

You need the whole UConnect package, which is part number 82211878, and runs about $250. Once installed, you'll need to have it activated and then you're set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode