Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 140 Old 07-01-2015, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

This is a Baja Designs General Discussion Thread!

A place to post:
-Product information
-Photos
-Questions
-Complaints and comments

Have our lights or want to know more about our products?
Please post up!

CALL (800)422-5292X114 AND SAVE 10% OFF ANY BAJA DESIGNS (BD) PRODUCT
-BAILEY, BAJA DESIGNS

ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
- (800)422-5292
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 Old 07-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Rock God

I have a pair or squadron XL pro (driving pattern) on my bumper and I love them. Best lights around!

Im going to replace the Rigid dually on the windshield cause it's basicly useless now with some Squadron pros. Do you recommend driving or spot pattern?
post #3 of 140 Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Granite Guru

Baja Designs is class act all the way.

I have been a customer since I first turned my XR650R into a street legal, wheelie machine over ten years ago.

:-)

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 140 Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85xlt View Post
I have a pair or squadron XL pro (driving pattern) on my bumper and I love them. Best lights around!

Im going to replace the Rigid dually on the windshield cause it's basicly useless now with some Squadron pros. Do you recommend driving or spot pattern?
Thank You for the support!
The Squadron XL Pro is now Called the "XL Pro" We have ditched the squadron name in our XL series lights.

As far as the windshield mounted lights, The Squadron Pro in Spot would give you the most light without a lot of hood glare.
Driving/Combo does have more spill and depending on the location could give you hood glare. Glare can certainly cause eye fatigue.

We do have a JK-Owners forum discount! PM inbound with pricing

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #5 of 140 Old 07-15-2015, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Introducing The New Cree XP-L LED | Baja Designs Blog

Continuous improvement has been at the core of Baja Designs (BD) since day one and the XP-L LED is a perfect example of that.
This new 3.45mm LED is the first commercially available single-die LED to achieve breakthrough efficacy of up to 200 lumens per watt! The XP-L will provide riders with increased lighting distance, improved rider safety and less eye fatigue.

This XP-L LED now comes standard in the XL Pro and XL-R Pro LED lights increasing the lightís lumen output from 4,300 to 4,900 lumens.
This increase in lumens and smaller footprint design has allowed Baja Designs (BD) to achieve the performance and distance desired by the most demanding customer.
By combining this new technology with BDís 5000K Daylight Color Temperature and ClearView proprietary optics the switch to the XP-L will provide for improved daytime conspicuity and night time safety, reduced eye fatigue and fun.

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #6 of 140 Old 08-10-2015, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Off Road Nights Temecula, CA (August 8, 2015)
Such a beautiful day and night, at Off Road Nights, in Temecula, CA. We had a great showing with 9 vehicles. As well we took best Trophy Truck, and best Racer.
Baja Designs has been race proven for over 20 years, and it was a pleasure speaking with, and meeting so many great people!
Awesome time with awesome trucks!

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #7 of 140 Old 08-20-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Everyone take a look!
Our Squadron Series LED Lights have been updated with new options!!

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...09#post3501809

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #8 of 140 Old 08-27-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Check out this 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Brute Double Cab Conversion!

Owner: RubiTrux Unlimited
Builder: RubiTrux Unlimited
Chassis: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Brute Double Cab Conversion
Motor: 5.7L VVT Hemi
Lighting: Squadron Pro fog light conversion, XL Pro LED Lights, OnX6 50" Jeep JK LED Light Bar Kit
Suspension: AEV 4.5" DualSport RS Lift Kit
Axles: Dynatrac ProRock 44's front, Dynatrac ProRock 60 rear, both with RCV Axle Shafts
Shocks: Bilstein 5160 Remote Reservoir
Exhaust: Flowmaster
Intake: AEV Snorkel
Bumpers: AEV Premium Front/Rear Bumpers
Winch: Warn 9.5 CTIS
Wheels: AEV 17" Beadlock wheels
Tires: BFG 35"x12.50"R17 KM2
Body: AEV Brute Double Cab Truck Conversion, AEV Heat Reductions hood
Interior: Alea Premium Leather Interior

Project Build - RubiTrux Jeep Wrangler

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #9 of 140 Old 08-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

well built four door with a freaking truck bed ! Tight!
I must admit it is a looker but why do i hear it's belly screeching and squealing as it draaaaggggs over granite ? haha
( I'm just playin around ... )

I'm just jealous of that Dynatrac with RCVs in the front !

post #10 of 140 Old 08-31-2015, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
well built four door with a freaking truck bed ! Tight!
I must admit it is a looker but why do i hear it's belly screeching and squealing as it draaaaggggs over granite ? haha
( I'm just playin around ... )

I'm just jealous of that Dynatrac with RCVs in the front !
You are right! Certainly is a looker and a great build all around.
I'm sure you will hear the belly screeching and squealing over the rocks...
One of the downsides to a vehicle with that length! Those types of noises are hard to get used to, no matter the amount of armor underneath

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #11 of 140 Old 09-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Granite Guru

I saw this JK specific page on your website.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/...hting-products

What about these also:

OnX6, Dual Control 50" Amber/White LED Light Bar – Is this available for the JK? In the Rubitrux build it looks like it’s on there but it’s not listed on your JK page. If yes what about the mount for the JK? Anything else to consider?

OnX6, Arc 50" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar – same questions

The Squadron-R Pro Lights, how about those for the A Pillar and also on front bumper? Maybe wide cornering on A pillar and Amber LED Driving/Combo on the the front bumper? Don’t think I can fit a 20 inch bar on front bumper without interfering with my winch setup (happening soon).

Also interested in the Pre-Runner 6" HID's, Squadron-R Pro’s, and XL-R 80's for the front bumper (Amber) and A pillar. Have to research more to figure out what would be a great combination. I want the most versatility for different terrain and weather. I definitely want the best stuff tho and a smooth install, which will be done by someone else.

I don’t have sPOD right now so assume I would have to look at that also or similar power distribution system.

Occasionally I might be in hardcore snow environments when I visit family up north etc.

If anyone has any input that would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Lotus03; 09-05-2015 at 04:43 AM.
post #12 of 140 Old 09-06-2015, 11:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus03 View Post

What about these also:

OnX6, Dual Control 50" Amber/White LED Light Bar Ė Is this available for the JK? In the Rubitrux build it looks like itís on there but itís not listed on your JK page. If yes what about the mount for the JK? Anything else to consider?

OnX6, Arc 50" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar Ė same questions

The Squadron-R Pro Lights, how about those for the A Pillar and also on front bumper? Maybe wide cornering on A pillar and Amber LED Driving/Combo on the the front bumper? Donít think I can fit a 20 inch bar on front bumper without interfering with my winch setup (happening soon).

Also interested in the Pre-Runner 6" HID's, Squadron-R Proís, and XL-R 80's for the front bumper (Amber) and A pillar. Have to research more to figure out what would be a great combination. I want the most versatility for different terrain and weather. I definitely want the best stuff tho and a smooth install, which will be done by someone else.

I donít have sPOD right now so assume I would have to look at that also or similar power distribution system.

Occasionally I might be in hardcore snow environments when I visit family up north etc.

Thanks a lot.
For the windshield/a-pillar I don't think I'd do the wide cornering. If anything I'd suggest either the spot or driving pattern. I'm currently using their Squadron Pro in driving pattern and think it works great. If anything I'd suggest putting a wide cornering light on the front bumper so you're not losing a lot of light on the hood.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #13 of 140 Old 09-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah might be right or spot on A pillar. Today I'm thinking 50" light bar, and maybe driving HID's on bumper would work better in snowy conditions. I'm in snow land 1 month a year lately. Might do A pillar later. Not sure about the mounts for that if I have 50" light bar. I've seen pics of a rigid set up with light bar and A pillar lights mounted but not Baja on JK. Then there's issue of sPOD or similar product if that is necessary. These 2 tabs on front bumper are open for the HID's if they will mount ok. Thanks.
Attached Images

post #14 of 140 Old 09-08-2015, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:

What about these also:

OnX6, Dual Control 50" Amber/White LED Light Bar Ė Is this available for the JK? In the Rubitrux build it looks like itís on there but itís not listed on your JK page. If yes what about the mount for the JK? Anything else to consider?

OnX6, Arc 50" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar Ė same questions

The Squadron-R Pro Lights, how about those for the A Pillar and also on front bumper? Maybe wide cornering on A pillar and Amber LED Driving/Combo on the the front bumper? Donít think I can fit a 20 inch bar on front bumper without interfering with my winch setup (happening soon).

Also interested in the Pre-Runner 6" HID's, Squadron-R Proís, and XL-R 80's for the front bumper (Amber) and A pillar. Have to research more to figure out what would be a great combination. I want the most versatility for different terrain and weather. I definitely want the best stuff tho and a smooth install, which will be done by someone else.

I donít have sPOD right now so assume I would have to look at that also or similar power distribution system.

Thanks a lot.

Thank You for your interest in our products!
We are happy to help fine tune your lighting setup.

- We can create a 50" OnX6 Dual Control package. That will include 50" OnX6 Dual Control, Mounts, and wiring!

- If you are looking to mount our Squadron Series Lights on the A-pillar Spot or Driving/Combo will be best to reduce the hood glare. Mounting Wide Cornering would be fine if you angle the lights slightly from the hood.

- All of our lights feature U-Service technology allowing you to change the beam patterns and color in a matter of minutes!

I will be sending you a PM with JK Owners pricing on these items you have mentioned. We can go over the best beam patterns based upon your needs.

Thank You!
Bailey, Baja Designs

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #15 of 140 Old 09-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Granite Guru

Cool thanks a lot.
post #16 of 140 Old 09-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Random Dude

I'm nobody's fanboy, but you guys make good stuff! I have 1 XL-R and 2 Squadrons on the front bumper of my Jeep, and will be putting some of your illuminative goodness on my DR650. Great products, American made, great warranty = worth the price, in my opinion.

ALL I ASK IS: please make some of the Squadron Wide Cornerning Lenses in AMBER!
You don't even need to tool up for it - just run some of the amber resin in the Squadron Wide Cornering Lens molds.
I don't know why this hasn't been done already , but please get on it - I'm good for the first 2 or 4 you make.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #17 of 140 Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
I'm nobody's fanboy, but you guys make good stuff! I have 1 XL-R and 2 Squadrons on the front bumper of my Jeep, and will be putting some of your illuminative goodness on my DR650. Great products, American made, great warranty = worth the price, in my opinion.

You don't even need to tool up for it - just run some of the amber resin in the Squadron Wide Cornering Lens molds.
I don't know why this hasn't been done already , but please get on it - I'm good for the first 2 or 4 you make.

They now have Amber covers you can snap into place for the Squadron's if you wanted to go that route.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #18 of 140 Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
They now have Amber covers you can snap into place for the Squadron's if you wanted to go that route.
Yep, I have 'em - good stuff, but not quite what I'm looking to accomplish.

Good option, though, for those who didn't know - thanks for mentioning them!

They make the Amber Wide Driving Lens for the OnX6 and the XL, and I figured I'd make one attempt to get 'em to do it for the Squadron.

-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

Last edited by ExWrench; 09-10-2015 at 09:29 PM.
post #19 of 140 Old 09-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Granite Guru

I didn't see a link for those amber covers on their website.
post #20 of 140 Old 09-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
I didn't see a link for those amber covers on their website.
Go to the bottom of this page:http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/...s/light-covers

. . . or go straight to them here: http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=668002

post #21 of 140 Old 09-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks. Has anyone tried the security hardware?

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/...-hardware-kits
post #22 of 140 Old 09-12-2015, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post

Thank You for posting up!
Give me a call monday @ 1(800)422-5292x114. We do have a few new prototype lenses we are testing. Would be very cool to discuss a few with you.
We are listening and working on a variety of new products!!!!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #23 of 140 Old 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Hope everyone is having a great day. Here is a few little fun facts below. Another advantage when you go with Baja Designs: The Scientists of Lighting.

Whatís your wattage? Our CopperDriveģ LED management system uses next gen circuit board and driver technology to safely run high powered LEDs at 100% power.

More information on CopperDriveģ:
http://www.bajadesigns.com/science-o...ng/copperdrive

Information on everything Baja Designs (BD):
http://www.bajadesigns.com/

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #24 of 140 Old 09-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Granite Guru

You guys going to the Off Road Expo? Show specials? I'll be there looking for a 20" Stealth.
Thanks, Chuck

16 JKU Sport
RK 3.5 X Factor, UD 60's, Atlas T Case 4.3:1,
TR Bead locks with Toyo Open Country MT's,
VKS Bumpers and Sliders. EVO Skins,
PSC Hydro on Synergy Steering,
Fox Shocks and Bumps
"40's Baby!"
2011 JKU RUBI "SOLD"
post #25 of 140 Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMRN View Post
You guys going to the Off Road Expo? Show specials? I'll be there looking for a 20" Stealth.
Thanks, Chuck
Chuck,

Yes. We will be at the Off Road Expo. We are Going to be running amazing deals on the Stealth Series for the show. We will be more then happy to help you with anything you need.

Have a great day.

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode