stock terminal - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

stock terminal

Hi all, when i was tightening the screws during installation of my winch i bridged the battery and melted and broke off the screw on the stock block terminal positive side. It's the piece of metal that has 3 bolts. i can't use one of the bolts anymore. I would like to replace it, but i can't seem to find the part# for it.

Also, recently i'm not sure if it's related, but the AC seems to cut off when i'm driving. It does not turn back on until i turn the dial all the way off and then turn it back on. Everything is tightly secured.

Electrical mods
Dually fog lights spliced into the stock wiring with 10 ohm resistors so they don't flash. (not on when the ac cuts off)

winch connected to one of the 3 bolts on the block.

neither are engaged when the ac shuts off.

i have a 2014 jku

please advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

picture of what you're referring to would help; not to be unhelpful or rude but that description makes very little sense ( "...stock block terminal positive side..." ??)
are you trying to say you stripped or broke the battery positive-post crimping bolt?
Also, consider an sPOD or fuse panel from Painless ( or, DIY if you're electro-mechnically inclined)

check out ---> http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcat/57000

anyway , i digress; slow it down, one issue at a time and picts will get you much further on here when seeking assistance or having trouble describing the issue you're encountering. Worth a thousand words is an understatement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-19-2015, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

sorry, this distribution piece

found online, it's dark here or i'd take a picture of mine
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-19-2015, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

sorry, this distribution piece

found online, it's dark here or i'd take a picture of mine, the bolt that broke is the one with the small black wire, closest to the negative terminal
post #5 of 11 Old 06-20-2015, 05:38 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

I replaced mine with theses: http://www.quadratec.com/products/17004_9001.htm

But you can double up the connections on one post to get you going. You can also usually find an assortment off battery terminals and connectors at local auto parts stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #6 of 11 Old 06-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

^X2
I used Heavy Duty Marine w/ gold plated lead and they work as fine as the replacement models at AutoZone, AdvancedAuto or O'Reily's /Napa. the QTec that Assfrow uses are highly recommended and a good affordable choice once you've patched it up with a temp solution from parts store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-20-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

ok so, i did double up connections, the AC issue is not relate correct? that's probably a bad relay, the dealer should replace
post #8 of 11 Old 06-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

it does not sound related but may I ask if the AC cutting-out began before or after your winch installation? I would certainly consider the relay as what the dealer should start with but the fact it comes on at full then back off and on after cycle of the switch seems odd; you don't wanna do anything to interupt the grounding on JKs they are so sensitive to electronically controlled changes or mods....but, i was interested in the order of this ac issue in all your modifications of leds and winch installation....

post #9 of 11 Old 06-20-2015, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

it was after the installation of the winch, but a few weeks after. not right immediately, i set an appointment with my dealer, but they are backlogged for a few weeks, i'll remove the wiring for the winch until between now and that time, i'll see if that is the issue.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

did un-doing winches power-lines make a difference, op?

post #11 of 11 Old 06-22-2015, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

unfortunately it did. i'm going to see if i can find a junkyard to try and locate that terminal splitting piece.....

check the winch connections.....

then i'm out of ideas...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode