CB Wiring HELP! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

CB Wiring HELP!

Guys I'm a noob when it comes to all things cb. I was wanting to know what would be a good to hook the cb up without wiring direct to the battery. What type of connecters to use, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Granite Guru

If it were me I'd go straight to the battery or add another fuse block from the battery and hook it to your fuse block you added. Your next option would be to tap into one of the cigarette lighter plugs for power. Best way to do the connection would probably be to solder and shrinkwrap it. Make sure to have someone check the SWRs on your setup when you are done, or get an SWR meter and do it yourself its pretty easy. You can pick up an SWR meter from radio shack for about 30 bucks

Quote:
-I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
post #3 of 7 Old 04-10-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Alright well I think I'm just gonna go straight to the battery seems like a safer bet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I got some coax cable from radio. My question is do they make an adapter to fit my 4 ft firestick. Bc it doesn't fit the antenna end. Thanks for any help
post #5 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Wheeler

CB parts

google "rightchannelradio". they have many different parts for CB and antenna install. Coax is based on the antenna mount style; they have all the mounts, stud bases, coax, antennas, springs, quick connects, etc, etc, etc....take your pick! They also have a tech section that will help you decide which mount, ant, etc. Their shipping charges are pretty fair.

6" FTLA w/HD TB & SS,
JKS spg rets., rr spg mnts.
37" BFG KM2, 17x9 MT clssc II, Blstn 5100,
Finishline West RB, LoD FB, SB XRC10
PP mod'fd boat sldrs, ARB rr DC's, TERA 44 frt xl hsg,
Sup'r CrMo xls, 5.13 R&P, Reel 1310 DS,
Kilby Evap, Bnchmrk KISS, B&M Trans culr,
sPOD; Aeroforce, FlashPac, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow relo,
Cobra 75, 4' Firestik, Woods Hood & TG holds
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok guys I think ive gotten it hooked up right> 1. CB connected to the battery 2. Fuse on the + wire 3. Coax 18ft (radio shack) 4. Stud mount base (radio shack) connected to a 4ft. firestick. 5. Im working on a homemade mounting bracket to connect to the tailgate at this moment.
Ive got a Cobra 18 wx st. So far with everything hooked up its picking up the noaa weather band. Havent tested the cb band yet dont have anyone around with another cb to talk to. I will post some pics when I get the antenna mounted. thanks for everyones help.

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals.~Colman McCarthy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowJKmedic View Post
Ok guys I think ive gotten it hooked up right> 1. CB connected to the battery 2. Fuse on the + wire 3. Coax 18ft (radio shack) 4. Stud mount base (radio shack) connected to a 4ft. firestick. 5. Im working on a homemade mounting bracket to connect to the tailgate at this moment.
Ive got a Cobra 18 wx st. So far with everything hooked up its picking up the noaa weather band. Havent tested the cb band yet dont have anyone around with another cb to talk to. I will post some pics when I get the antenna mounted. thanks for everyones help.
sounds like you got it figured out. Just make sure your mount is grounded well.

Quote:
-I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode