2015 Wrangler Unlimited - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

2015 Wrangler Unlimited

I am looking to replace my factory base 6.5 speakers 2 in the sound bar and 2 in the front. I do not want to replace tweeters. I have seen others post they replaced the speakers with kicker plug and play but when I call Crutchfield and other places that offer these speakers they tell me they are not for the 2015 Unlimited Altitude? Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to rewire, cut , or any of that. Any advice would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I run the Kicker Plug N Play system in my 2015 JKU and love it. It keeps the original speakers and they actually sound pretty good with the Amp driving them. The 2015 does have it's own specific part number, so keep that in mind if ordering. The only thing is I do not believe it works if you have the Infinity Sound option in the Jeep.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2015, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Do you know if I order just the speakers if they will plug in and work? I don't have a clue if I have the infinity radio. How can I find that out? I just got the Jeep and I have no clue about sound systems, but I do know my speakers I have now are awful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwyz840 View Post
Do you know if I order just the speakers if they will plug in and work? I don't have a clue if I have the infinity radio. How can I find that out? I just got the Jeep and I have no clue about sound systems, but I do know my speakers I have now are awful.
The way the kicker kit is designed is the Amp bolts in under the panel under the steering wheel and the Sub goes in the back and locks into the catch for the rear seats. It will plug directly into your stock radio and you control the whole system with the stock radio. Typically if you have Infinity sound it will plastered all over the speakers on the inside of the Jeep. I didn't change a single stock speaker and the Jeep sounds really good. If you are thinking of doing it I would get the kit installed before spending money on the speakers because you may find you do not need them. There will be some wiring you need to do to power the Amp and those wires run from the amp through the firewall into the engine bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode